Review: WallpaperMansion.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsane

Hi All,

I am looking for members here to review my new and on-going project:
WallpaperMansion.com | Wallpaper Mansion

WallpaperMansion is simply a online mansion of free wallpapers for ANYONE to download whether it be their computers, tablets or smartphones.

I welcome both positive and negative feedback. I would really like to improve the site in the best way possible.

Thanks for your time!

10 comments
Looks really good. I would only change a few things..

1.) The logo is very weak and you could have it re-designed here on WJ. I would also consider utilizing more of the Header to your advantage and over perception of the site as theres about 500px of space between the logo and the advertisement.

2.) The navbar is horribly ugly with the gold colored background and the dark gold hover. I would definitely look into changing that around a.s.a.p.

Content seems to be really good.

I personally like this wallpaper here:
wallpaper-2011-(25)_1558934625.jpg

You have lot's of resolutions available for all types of devices too (y) very nicely done.

Good luck with the site!

That's very much for your time in reviewing To0. I shall look into getting these changes made.

Thanks so much for your honesty.

Hey lx, I went over your site and liked the girl wallpaper very much, other then that the logo is shit BUT from my experience these kind of sites need that amateur look in them so it's a perfect fit, one thing that did bother me was the golden menu bar.
The text option in them disappear in that bar.
Other then that I looked at your HTML it looks well built, links alt at the images keywords and descriptions look good.
Just a question, what's the use of a user login / signup in this kind of site?

Hi OneManCrew,

Thanks for your time in reviewing. I am glad you like the site I know the logo is a little poor bad as you said I think it adds a little more character to the site as I think a professional logo would make the site look too serious.

The point of the User Login/Registration is so people can signup to rate wallpapers, comment on wallpapers and it will show the recently viewed wallpapers by them :). A little extra if people want to make the site a bit more personal to them.

Thanks,

I agree with To0 in first floor. There are too many colors that looks ugly. Especially for the navigation bar.
But I like your collection and may I ask where did you get all these wallpapers?

I personally like this one the most.
793-3_399257901.jpg

Hi Ultra. Thanks for your feedback. I am looking to change the navigation bar however I'm not sure to what colours at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back