Status
Not open for further replies.
50 comments
Good theme, but i dont like that download method, why should anyone install a plugin and watch that movie online for free? its kind of suspicious and most people will not download anything like that plugin. When you click on 1 movies in that slider, you got to that page, which is good, but before you arrive to that page you'll see all your movies from the slider in the left of the page, thats not a good thing to see if your a visitor and trying to view the movie. The same goes to every page you want to visit. Try to fix this problem and you'll be happy with that slider. If your site is about movies, then you should not have gaming characters such as Counter-Strike and GTA 4. Also i want to suggest you use filehosts so that people will download the movies, or go with HTML5 player and upload the movie on to your host and start streaming.

Good luck with the site.

Thanks guys, - so first of all, to watch movies normally you need Premium acc (videobb) and when you download this plugin you can watch all movies like on premium acc but for free (you dont need to buy premium).

About that slider, yep its not finished, I must work on that ....

Not liking the plugin download... just link the damn movies otherwise it looks like your only doing it for money.

Basically websites are created to earn money ... XD If you are creating them for the "good of the people" I can only wish you good luck ... ;)

BTW this player masks real videobb link so links live much more longer !

Last edited:
Thanks for review Bharat :)

Im offering free Premium Player for all users. You just need to have Java, thats all (y) !

I resigned from Cacaoweb because it was buggy and it was necessary to install the plugin to play movies. Right now you dont need to do that, - you just click play and watch all movie without limits :D

playerJPG_hqnwnqs.JPG

BTW your links to videobb are hidden ;) so live much more longer ...

Looks good. It's a heavy feature rich site and their's nothing wrong with that but if your going that way you'd want to optimize it a bit. A page is over 2MB in size with over 150 different elements. That's big. Very big for just one web page and takes on average about 10 seconds to load (based on external site testing not my computer). Remember you won't think it's slow as you'll have most elements cached.

Use sites like http://gtmetrix.com for tips of how you can reduce the size of your site without loosing features and other tips of how you can speed up your loading time. It's not a question about changing host. It's about spending a few hours tweaking your site and settings.

Thanks guys

Mr Happy,yes I must to do that, I must optimaze especially that slider because its looding bad, to do this I need to edit css first.

Right now site is on shared from boxslots so it can load a bit slow (but pretty good like for shared), in next month I will move to vps so it will work much more better.

Site looding also can be bit slow because of covers - link loop from engine to IMDB.

I still have a lot of work, if you see something bad please report it to me, it will help me a lot.

Thanks for help :)

wooo..... hang on a minute.... I just noticed the way your doing the images. Your loading huge ones from IMDB. That not a great idea.

Your getting an image this big

cIy5W.png

and showing it this big

a8oAU.png

That means your loading massive heavy images and scaling them on your site. This isn't the way I think you should do it. If I were you I'd get a script that downloads the images from IMDB and scales them and saved them on your server. You'd be surprised. These are available for free already but will need a bit of tweaking to work. This script for example scrapes info from imdb including the movie posters and saves them on your server. https://github.com/FabianBeiner/PHP-IMDB-Grabber You can modify it to re-size the images and then you'll have tiny movie poster images saved on your site so you won't have anymore oversized images which are redirected from another site.

It's quiet a bit of work but would be something I would personally do if I owned your site. I'd say it would save you 3-4 seconds and about 1MB in size which makes your site twice as fast and half the size along with reduced domain lookups.

Mr Happy that's right and that's why it can load a bit more longer ; )

I have IMDB grabber, it scrapes info and covers but I must hire someone in future to modify it just like you wrote, so the image's will be resized and loaded from static.moviearchive.eu

I don't like the header very much, the moving text throws it off for me. You should change the text or just remove the "Order Adspot" thing. Left sidebar is good for the most part, but the i icons don't really relate to threads unless the threads are informative. Right sidebar and footer look good too. Work on the logo to make it more appealing, hire someone to make you a professional one. Trust me, it'll improve your site's value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back