Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Star-G

Hey everyone,

I've been extremely busy setting up a new site and while I know it's in a extremely overcrowded niche, I'm still gonna give it my all! :D The url is http://iconicavenue.com

I would appreciate a website review. Please take a look at any and everything you may think off, and be sure to get the page cached first because I worked very hard on making the loading times as fast as possible when the page is cached on your side.

I look forward to hearing the responses! Thanks!

5 comments

YES, I love your site, it's clean it looks good and the UI is not bad at all BUT as you know there are a few things I can suggest for you.

I also want to introduce my smoking cat rating:

Your site got 2.45 smoking cats rating.
lsD1NbJ.png

It seems like you have an error in your ALT tag for the logo, it's missing and will hurt your google rank the better your html is the higher your site is in the ranks.
qXjiIP5.png

Why do you need a home button? remove it and use the logo as home anchor.
obO6QB9.png

The drop down menu with the image links is perfect! well done.
BJrdTN2.png

Your search box looks out of place when it's sticked to the right of your content container, you must fix it some how as it's bad as it is now.
Ej2Rj2T.png

Seems like you have social links all over your page, don't you think it's weebit too much you got them on the left of the screen the middle of the page and the

bottom pf the page.. dude get rid of them and leave one on the left of the screen.
uh9i4XV.png

YaxkmXy.png

In the middle of your page suddenly there is this TV series review, wtf?? it looks out of place and not related with the games on the top of your page, some people

might like I agree, for to me it looks in the wrong place / site and should be removed.
3svc8kS.png

I hope my suggestions help you a bit, the post above is best read with music video below played:
[video=youtube;Ypkv0HeUvTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypkv0HeUvTc[/video]

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I've been extremely busy setting up a new site and while I know it's in a extremely overcrowded niche, I'm still gonna give it my all! :D The url is Video Games, Movies, TV, News, Reviews | Iconic Avenue?

I would appreciate a website review. Please take a look at any and everything you may think off, and be sure to get the page cached first because I worked very hard on making the loading times as fast as possible when the page is cached on your side.

beautiful looking site man, it loaded quickly too!

YES, I love your site, it's clean it looks good and the UI is not bad at all BUT as you know there are a few things I can suggest for you.

I also want to introduce my smoking cat rating:

Your site got 2.45 smoking cats rating.
lsD1NbJ.png

It seems like you have an error in your ALT tag for the logo, it's missing and will hurt your google rank the better your html is the higher your site is in the ranks.
qXjiIP5.png

Why do you need a home button? remove it and use the logo as home anchor.
obO6QB9.png

The drop down menu with the image links is perfect! well done.
BJrdTN2.png

Your search box looks out of place when it's sticked to the right of your content container, you must fix it some how as it's bad as it is now.
Ej2Rj2T.png

Seems like you have social links all over your page, don't you think it's weebit too much you got them on the left of the screen the middle of the page and the

bottom pf the page.. dude get rid of them and leave one on the left of the screen.
uh9i4XV.png

YaxkmXy.png

In the middle of your page suddenly there is this TV series review, wtf?? it looks out of place and not related with the games on the top of your page, some people

might like I agree, for to me it looks in the wrong place / site and should be removed.
3svc8kS.png

I hope my suggestions help you a bit, the post above is best read with music video below played:
[video=youtube;Ypkv0HeUvTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypkv0HeUvTc[/video]
Thank you very much for this amazing review. I am currently working on my mobile but as soon as I get back home I will respond to all of the points you made. Once again thanks!:)

Hey everyone,

I've been extremely busy setting up a new site and while I know it's in a extremely overcrowded niche, I'm still gonna give it my all! :D The url is Video Games, Movies, TV, News, Reviews | Iconic Avenue?

beautiful looking site man, it loaded quickly too!
Thanks mate, really appreciate it!

EDIT:

So I'm back home now and It's time to respond to all your suggestions and comments!

1. The logo: I've added ALT text now, thank you for pointing that out!

2. Home button: I've added the home button just for ease of use. It also makes the menu stand out a bit more. Does it lead to (SEO) problems if I leave it in the menu, or should I really remove it?

3. The search button: The box that appears when using the search button might be a bit out of place, though you could argue it could have a better placement indeed. I will be sure to look into moving it into a different place, thanks for the great suggestion! :D

4. The social buttons: There are quite a few social buttons indeed, but they serve a bit of a different function. When clicking on any of the icons on the left side of the screen, you actually open a window to share the page with others. Clicking the buttons next to the latest articles is to let users follow, like, subscribe, etc. So there is a minor difference. Though I agree it may be a tat much, and I will look into an alternative way to merge the two.

5. Slider in the middle of the page/TV review: this one is actually a bit more complicated to explain. Iconic Avenue uses a so called ''unique article system'' which allows me to post articles into multiple categories without displaying them twice on the homepage. For example, if I write a game review, it will be posted in ''featured'' (which puts it in the slider), ''games'' and ''reviews''. Even though it falls under those categories, it can only be found in the slider on the homepage, and not under games or reviews.

The very first slider you see when entering Iconic Avenue, is the slider with the most important posts. The slider halfway through the homepage, is a slider which only contains review. So when a review automatically moves out of the featured slider (due to other posts taking it's place) the review automatically moves to the slider in the middle, so it still gets enough exposure. Our reviews are, after all, the main focus.

I hope this makes you understand the system a bit. Anyhow, I will go through all the points you made to further optimize the website, and once again, I really, REALLY appreciate your long and detailed review!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back