Status
Not open for further replies.

Exel

Hey there!

It's been great re-opening this site and having members post interesting topics and stories. I want to continue this growth and keep on looking forward. Elite-Source v4 / GeneralBB v1 was a sort of "test / progress" for me to see if I could restore Elite-Source. So far it's been going pretty good. But nothing stays the same forever.

On that note..

I bring you guys GeneralBB Version 2! :)

This skin was contributed by @Baraka, so thank you very much. I've added my codes to it as well so you shouldn't see any missing features on this skin.

And remember, we're always open to suggestions! If you see something you think can be improved on, let us know! We'll take a look at it. This forum is ran by the community, I'm only here to make you guys happy.

So please report / give us feedback on this and we'll be more than happy to incorporate changes we think will further the development of this forum.

I do have some questions for you guys.

1. What do you guys think of adding an arcade to the site?
2. What other features would you guys like to see?
3. Would you guys like to see more competitions?

GeneralBB - General Discussion Forum

Again, thank you for being a part of this growing community.

Regards,
GeneralBB Staff

13 comments
I must say, it is refreshing seeing something different other than the usual websites that people give birth to within 2 days, I commend you for having the courage to go left, although, there will be war.

When I saw this thread, I assumed something along the lines of what I got, a blueprint designed theme with light colors as usual, even with the same font and the same format as yours/Baraka's other designs.
Nevertheless, that does not mean the Forum is looking bad in any way, shape or form, the issue is that I'm used to the type of work you and Baraka do and you still have more work to do to get out of that stigma, do something different, it's like you guys have a .PSD template and just keep making changes each time you come up with a new website.

Either way, my opinion on the design/theme is subjective, maybe it's just me, maybe I'm just used to that type of theme and hate repetition.
But, right back at my thoughts on the forum in general, it's a discussion forum, where people can hang out and have fun at, as you are aware, there are probably about a million of other forums dedicated to the same exact niche as yours, the question is, how are you going to get big?
As of right now, the only thing separating you from the pack is that theme, nothing else.

Needless to be said, this forum doesn't fall short on expectation, it actually is exactly as I thought it would be.
I see you went in for a hard niche, competition is rough out there, perhaps you should take a look at a guide I wrote a while back on maintaining a successful website, there are some pretty good tips over here, if you opt for it, here it is.

Best of luck on everything, if that's what you believe in!

Last edited:
Oh trust me, I've gotten to know those big GD forum owners, I know what I'm getting myself into, I'm not rushing things. They'll be constant updates, but thank you for the honest review.

It looks awesome. I actually really love the theme and forum. It looks beautiful. I'm going to sign up when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back