Status
Not open for further replies.
My vps through BioHost went offline July 4th. Despite 5 support tickets, at least 10 emails, and about 5 posts on their FaceBook wall, I have gotten no response from them at all. In fact my posts on their FaceBook have simply been immediately deleted every time.

I had paid up until December, and since I didn't know the sites would just vanish like this, I had fallen behind on backups and I ended up having to switch to a new provider and use backups from as far back as January, April, and May depending on the sites I was running.

Still no word back from them.

At this point, I figure they owe me at least my money back from July-December at $15 a month. That's $90 they've currently stolen, for a service I've not been getting.

I registered for a Biohost seedbox back in Febuary of this year.

For the first month the service seemed fine, I had a couple of outages but they were resolved within 1-2 days.

I decided to take advantage of a promo that offered 2 free months if I signed up for 6 months service.

So I paid my $100 or so and thought I would be set for the next 8 months

Little did I know that the owner had (right around this time) sold the company to a guy he knew. When my seedbox went offline I recieved no response to
emails and tickets I opened and spent the next 8-10 weeks trying to get the service I had paid for restored.

Around this time the original owner (Mike) returned and said he had taken back the company because the guy he had sold it to (Mark) had screwed up so badly.

Hooray, at last the service I paid for would be returned.

When the owner (Mike) finally did contact me, he was rude, unco-operative and utterly unapologetic about the amount of hassle I had experienced. All I really wanted was
the service I paid for, and finally after many more emails and days with out response, I finally got notification that a new seedbox had been setup for me.

Unfortunately the seedbox was online for 3-4 days before it again went down. I opened a ticket. Updated the ticket a few days later. Emailed Mike, emailed Mike again.

Nothing.

At this point I simply accepted what should have been clear all along. I had been ripped off by a scumbag online. All I can do is chalk it up to experience.

I went and looked at reviews for other companies, found one with good comments and signed up that day. I was up and running within 15 mins and thus far the service has been exactly what I wanted, no drama, no hassle and reliable.

As to Biohost:

Customer service is atrocious, service is unreliable and quite simply they are a bunch of crooks.

The owner (Mike) seems to think I should be greateful for him working on restoring the service that I paid for, rather than doing everything in his power to address
the glaring inadequacy of his ability to run this company.

He has basically stolen the $100 I paid for the service, but its the hassle I have gone through wasting time trying to get a response out of him thats been more frustrating.

To anyone out these considering using these thieves as a seedbox/web hosting company

I suggest 2 things.

1 - Stay far, far away. There is plenty of competition out there, no need to go with a bunch of thieves who will mess you around, frustrate you and take your money.

2 - Don't take my word for it, google biohost reviews, there are a good number of people who have experienced the same thing I did.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I wanted to state that you should avoid biohost at all costs!!!
Theres a reason why their prices are so cheap, it's because the service is crap!

Sorry to revive an old thread but I wanted to state that you should avoid biohost at all costs!!!
Theres a reason why their prices are so cheap, it's because the service is crap!

You really think they still care about a 6+ months old thread? :facepalm: :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back