Status
Not open for further replies.

kuskka

Hello everybody, this is my review of SHOUTcastUK after 1 month using their services. My plan is: SHOUTcast Web Hosting Bronze which costs only £2.00GBP Monthly, I use it to host my Wordpress blog.

First of all, I don't work for SHOUTcastUK, I'm writing this review as an user.

- PRICE:

SHOUTcastUK have very good and fair prices. I think that the most cheap plan is the Web Hosting Bronze, just £2.00 per month, as I said before. And even their most professional plan is still very cheap.

You can check all prices for all services clicking here, select which category fit what you need, I'm using Shared Hosting.

- CONTROL PANEL:

In SHOUTcastUK website you have a dashboard available in 14 different languages. So, all informations are very clear and you don't pay anything without knowing exactly what you're buying.

After your domain is running in their services, you can use by the default cPanel to create new databases, change passwords or everything you may need.

- SUPPORT:

Just one word: FAST! And all my requests are solved with no delay or stress! I talked most with Ben, which is a very Educated guy who really worries about your issues.

After I sent my payment, they delivered my hosting informations less than 30 minutes. Really! It was so fast that I almost didn't even checked it because I tought it was one of these "Welcome" e-mails, LOL. :D

- UPTIME:

Almost 4 weeks using and NO DOWNTIME at all, I mean, 100% of the time my website was online, no slowtime too. Before I installed a cache in my website, It was receiving almost 1000UV per day and a lot os queries requests to my DB and their services was responding in the same speed that if I had 100UV.

- PERFORMANCE:

As I in previous topic, before I installed a cache in my website, It received A LOT of requests in DB, but It didn't chance the server performance at all!

All downloads and uploads to the server are made in the max speed of my connection, without oscillate or "up and downs".

- FINAL RATING: 5 / 5
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

I'm in this internet bussiness for almost 13 years and trust me, I've used lots of hostings around the world, brazil, north america, russia, and others, and never had such a good experience like SHOUTcaskUK for this price!

Highly recommended for everyone who is looking on somewhere to host a website.

For more informations, you can check in their website clicking here. And don't forget to check their threads around WJ to discount codes!

18 comments
I'm using SHOUTcast Web Hosting Gold(4 GDP ~ 6 USD) for a month
I use it to my Wordpress Adult Site

Price: Price is OK.
Support: Great! Support is rly fast and polite.They will help with everything
Uptime: Maybe one but I'm not sure
Performace: Fast and stable but it still shared - I'm use 2-3 % CPU (Wordpress blog with 3-4k UV per day + Cache plugin)

Final Rating 4,5/5

I'm Recommended!

i am using Shoutcastuk's shared hosting for my wordpress blog(have lot of plugins),
uptime is good and support is awesome :)

rating: 4.5/5

Note:
It's a shared hosting, but performance is like vps.
try and feel

Sorry but these guys are very bad hosting, just two days after migrating my websites went down on sun may 6th for a total 5hrs 45mins, and the next day monday 5/7/12 it went down again and is still down! today is 5/9 and it's down! i have sent so many support tickets and i have not gotten any reply after over 3 days now, even tickets i sent before sun took 2 days to reply.Iam done with them and have requested a refund, moving on.
No i dont recommend, no way

My website is down more than 48hrs.. I just moved my site to another host.

Support > No support available as their main site is also down from 48hrs.

I using Shared host from SHOUTcastUK..and all is ok..Now I using VPS and I have a lot of issue becouse
someone played in the spam and another illegal staff and our server have blocked on data center

Ben Do something or you lost all customers!

Last edited:
I need to take full backup but i must restart MySQL then it give access to cpanel.

It's been 24hrs still no reply from anyone on this issue, atleast tell us what's going on?:facepalm:

Code:
MySql error:
mysql has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "mysql is not running").

Code:
Cpanel error:
Sorry for the inconvenience!
The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

UPDATE - I am trying my best to contact Ben Lewis to get the issues resolved ON PRIORITY. For reasons unkown, he isnt available. Please consider the fact that he may have personal issues due to which he cannot come online and fix things.

If you cannot wait until things are fixed and would like to move away, please dispute the payments since any ticket can't be raised at the moment due to the fact that the diskspace on server is full and ben is not available to add/buy more diskspace.

Few of the IPs are suspended due to spam/hacking/cracking activities. The last thing i heard about them is Ben had requested the DataCentre to unblock them promising to kick out the culprit.

As for Ben - He has a maximum of 2 days to either resolve things or refund you all. Else, he will be banned from here.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back