Reopen limited PP account or create new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amz

I created a Paypal account when I was under 18 for conducting transactions online. On a friend's request, I agreed to accept payments for him and ended up limiting my account because of a fraudulent transaction by a scammer. :/

The question I have is, now that I have turned 18, should I create a new account or reopen the old one by verifying the documents? Is there any risk of that old account being limited in the future because of what happened earlier?

Thanks in advance.

20 comments
What was the birth year entered in the already existing account? If it was correct then go ahead and provide them the docs.

Else you have no other option :P

Just re open that old account. Do not try to create another account.

Paypal is just like wjunction, they don't like dupe accounts.

I have experienced it myself that is why I am advising you to get that limited account re opened.

I don't remember what birth year I used but I sure as hell didn't use the right one or they wouldn't have let me open an account in the first place. :P

So what do I do know? Just tell them I lied earlier and have my details modified and verified? Or just create a new account and use all the right info in it?

"Just tell them I lied earlier"

[trollolol]

Heck no. Create a new account and use the correct info this time (unless you have some funds in the present one).

One user can have 2 accounts. one personal and one business/premier...so u can create one more. Technically there is no problem...But get verified...thats what i will advise u.

I already withdrew the funds to my dad's account so I don't have anything valuable in the old one. What stuff do they require for new accounts these days? And what do I need to do to verify?

Where do I get a PAN number? :|

make a new one ofcourse man, how would u utilize the old one with ur fake age -_- and as i already told u "Reopening of old limited account = having an defaulter history"

No he didn't and he says where did you comment?
I meant all the comments not my comments ^o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back