Redirecting Keyword URLs to another website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyuk1984

Hi,
So I was thinking today about URLs and websites, and the possibilty for someone to search for something specific - Google to pick it up, and then get redirected to another website.

My thinking behind this is the follow.

Let's say I own a company that sells books.

My website for this book company is: The Book Company | The Book Company (Not my website - just made up)

Now lets say for example someone in London was searching for a book store (or online book store), and they searched Google for something like "London book stores"

Let's imagine that I also own another website... This website is: www.LondonBookStores.com

This URL just simply redirect to my website (thebookcompany.com), could I somehow get Google to recognise these 'key words' (london book stores), and have Google show the link for www.londonbookstores.com in the results??

What's your thinking on this?

In theory, I could also have other cities - such as:

www.ManchesterBookStores.com (redirected to thebookcompany.com)
www.GlasgowBookStores.com (redirected to thebookcompany.com)
www.BirminghamBookStores.com (redirected to thebookcompany.com)

I know that I could go down the meta keyword route for this, but I just want to know your thoughts to see if it's actually possible to get get Google to do something like this?
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

2 comments
I'm afraid your thinking is flawed. A website has to have content for Google to index it in its own right.. So you can't SEO a domain that simply re-directs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back