Negative Red-H.fr Review - My Pathetic Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

huggybear

So I needed a dedicated server for RDP & torrents, storage etc.
Saw this host signed up last month & his dedicated server prices were good.
But never realized I can have such horrendous, pathetic experience from a host.

I added him in Skype & finally ordered a custom specs dedicated server through the site.
With these specs -
Processor: Intel Xeon X3450 @@3.4GHz cache L3 3Mb, x64, VT
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 1TB SATA
1Gbit Unmetered.
Price: 16.99 Euros.

I had also requested specifically if he can install Windows & RDP because I dont know how to do it.
To which he agrees.

Screen_Shot_20151121223753.png

My total was 17 Euros which I paid through Paypal & he promised that the server will be delivered in 1-3 HOURS.

Screen_Shot_20151121223040.png

So I started waiting.

3 hours ... then 12 hours ... then a day ... then 2 days... 3 days... - with repeated requests to deliver my server fast.

His excuses on the way:

Screen_Shot_20151121223403.png

Screen_Shot_20151121223501.png

Screen_Shot_20151122034121.png

Screen_Shot_20151122034404.png

Screen_Shot_20151122034505.png

Screen_Shot_20151122034559.png

"Professional" customer support also followed...

Screen_Shot_20151122034656.png

Screen_Shot_20151122034820.png

Finally after 3 days have passed he says that server isn't available & gave me a list of new servers to choose from.
Also Canada location not available, Windows 10 not available.

Fine enough so I selected another more or less similar server within my budget.

Suddenly he refused to install Windows

Screen_Shot_20151122035252.png

And...
Screen_Shot_20151122035409.png

Finally after about 4 days I received a server, much different than what specs I ordered but good.

BUT problem soon followed - I logged in to the server to find that I do not have the admin account.
Instead, there's a separate admin account & I am given a different normal/restricted user access to my own dedicated server.

Screen_Shot_20151122035720.png

I asked for the admin account password which he said he would provide later.

But later this happened -

Screen_Shot_20151122035925.png

Screen_Shot_20151122040138.png

Basically, he can use my server without any permission - he already has the admin account to his name.
Really professional by the way.

So I used the server for around 5-6 days, & he have been using it too.
Everytime I logged in to my server I saw the admin account (for safety only) ran programs Firefox, FTP Client, Utorrent etc. (I guess he needs to run those to keep my server safely - very professional indeed!)

Finally yesterday - I logged in to my server & WHOA ! all my files - about 80-100GB are gone !! The whole folder in which I kept my files deleted as a whole !!

rdp.jpg

So I contact him again about it & received another extremely "professional" response-

Screen_Shot_20151122040809.png

Screen_Shot_20151122040910.png

So he threatens me -

Screen_Shot_20151122041026.png

And he also has other business ideas -

Screen_Shot_20151122041415.png

Well, that's surely a damn clever strategy indeed !

and finally when I try to login to my server today -

Screen_Shot_20151122041910.png

Well... That was expected, isnt it ?

So hear I stand-
1) Having paid 17 Euros for a dedicated server for full month & hardly using the server for 5 days while someone else controlled it.
2) Important files lost 80-100GB
3) No refunds.

I wont call them scam, thief etc because that wont help.
But as a WJ member its my duty to warn others.

Last edited:
14 comments
Swearing..? Seems like a 14 year old has decided to invest in the server business.

I wouldn't want to deal with them after that type of attitude, I remember what a bunch of idiots Ecatel were.. Come to think of it.. Most data centers were idiots.. And then you have these people reselling.. I should probably start my own data center, sit around all day and say how nothing is possible because I am doing so much work for my 60 customers pmsl.

U been really patient wid dem bas@#$@ do not or have courtesy how to talk to customers & cheating , Request admins if they are on Wjunction bann him so that he don't cheat any other customers.

UPDATE:

So I claimed for a refund through Paypal & more threats followed -
1jpQwjs.png

Rz1fuHo.png

EPvy5TK.png

OOME7hr.png

gF9noPm.png

So obviously he has rejected my refund claim & said that I have used the server for 5 days used bandwidth etc.

Paypal has escalated the issue from a refund to a chargeback claim.

The Host has been already been banned by one of our smods and he has an history of such server cancellations etc

So kindly deal with caution with the host until further notice :)

Kindly email paypal with all the above proofs screenshot with their new refund policy you can easily get a refund with this attitude and service of the host

Regards
Raz3r

Last edited:
Sorry for your experience with your previous host. All we can say is this forum is full of hosting companies, you can take a look around and go for the best one :)

Congrats on your successful win and it was well warranted. From now on your should view reviews for hosts you are to deal with. Also, take a look at their SLA (more importantly they should have a SLA). Also, with regards to Windows, many legitimate hosts with SPLA are moving away from manual installs of customers Windows OS' This is due to the liability factors Microsoft is placing on their resellers. It is recommended that you utilize virtual mounting HW like KVMs or IPMI for manual install of your own OS.

Wish you the best!

well the guy who's running red-h.fr is most likely scammer when i try to signup for free test server he ask me my skype,

ok i give him mine, and after i try request a free test server he change conversation and he ask me for donate/invest money to his web hosting site, wtf i'm insta ban his skype.

Last edited:
Oh huggybear,

You are smart already :)

But dedicated server in 17 Euro :O i feel like hosting business is dying already :pirate:

Good luck with next provider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back