recommended server specs for file hoster site based on Yetishare

Status
Not open for further replies.

chienb

I'm looking to develop a site using Yetishare script, however the focus will be on the file leeching plugin. File uploads will be disabled for the time being, as the goal will be to use the site as a multi-host downloader. Downloaded files will be deleted within 5 minutes.

What kind of hardware specs and bandwidth should I be looking at for max 100 concurrent users using the file leech plugin/torrent leech?

11 comments
Definitely unmetered Bandwith on a 1Gbps port. A single Xeon E5 and depending on file sizes maybe 2 250GB SSDs on a RAID1. (?)

Definitely unmetered Bandwith on a 1Gbps port. A single Xeon E5 and depending on file sizes maybe 2 250GB SSDs on a RAID1. (?)

Unimited might not e necessary. The owner should calculate on how much data is transfered per user per time period and that way discover how many terabytes will be needed.

Regarding CPU i think it may not be necessary to have any ultra powerfull, i think Xeon E3, L55XX, L56XX or Core i7 may also fit.

And i dont think the described activity would reqire high transactions per second of the storge device so i think SSD may not be necessary. But there im not sure as i dont know how much transactions per second is generated by the leeching software that will be hosted. If owner needs budget offer, than HDD woud do, SSD not necessary.

Last edited:
If you have any specific budget that would give much better option to suggest you. Never though with 100 Concurrent you can start of using the 2xE5 Servers, and Unlimited Bandwidth a must for 100Mbps you can get for less price.

E3 or E5 servers with unmetered or unlimited bandwidth would be feasible option for your needs. you can get affordable servers with 100Mbps Network line.

E3 or E5 servers with unmetered or unlimited bandwidth would be feasible option for your needs. you can get affordable servers with 100Mbps Network line.

As far as i know, there is no necessary for an Unmetered 1Gbit network which will be a money wasting for OP. Also as this is something similar with leeching, he would not be interested to take and 100Mbit network port.

he is more than comfortable with limited premium Bandwidth. 30TB, 50TB or 100TB.

I would recommend you unlimited bandwidth on 10Gbps ports. I assume that you prefer to have a website faster so you should choose SSD instead of HDD (SATA disks) and CPU at least Intel Quad Core E3. And another question is about RAM capacity, I would recommend you 32 GB :)

So summary:
unlimited bandwidth with 10Gbps ports
2x240 GB SSD
32 GB RAM
Intel E3

I have got similiar server (for live streaming) except 32 GB RAM I use 16 GB RAM and I pay 2150$ / month

Also another question is where do you prefer to have a server (I mean location), because you should consider before you choose your provider.

Let me know which provider you chose.

M

Best plan to start with

You can go for dedicated hosting with unmetered 1 Gbps port speed with high speed of processors (xeon) .

His budget is not even 80-90 EUR so i guess you all should stop recommending him higher things lol
Source - Skype and other communities.

Brief about your exact requirement,for that we can suggest better,but also you check with Intel E3 and E5 xeon processor, you will get good speed with affordable prices.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back