Rapidshare new business process, explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilembu

You want to share your files with rapidshare? You need to know a few things.

Rapidshare has now become a good backup host, but definitely not a good file sharing host.

Here is how they work now:

1. I want to share my files, but I only have free account, this means I only have a public and group traffic totalling 1 GB per day. If I share my files publicly, only 1 GB per day can only be downloaded from my account by public and my contacts. If I share my files only in group, only 1 GB per day can be downloaded from my account by my contacts.

2. I want to share my account and I have a rapid pro, this means I will have a group traffic of 50 GB per day including of 30 GB public traffic per day. If I share my files publicly, maximum 30 GB per day can be downloaded from my account by public and maximum 50 GB per day can be downloaded by my contacts. So, if the 30 GB is downloaded by public already, only 20 GB left for my contacts. If I share my files only with my contact, a maximum of 50 GB per day in total can be downloaded by my contacts.

They did not mention the 50 GB limit everywhere in their website, instead, their news states that the group traffic if I have a rapidpro acccount should be unlimited ( see https://rapidshare.com/#rsag_news ). They change without notice and without stating anywhere in their site

3. I do not want to share, just for my backup, both free and rapid pro, I should be getting unlimited download traffic.

So thats how they work now, I hope this clarifies everyone. Rapidshare has become a great backup host, but definitely NOT a file sharing host anymore.

9 comments
I have a rapidshare free acoount.

Is thre any way to download many links without having to download them manually one by one?

I was using jdownloader to do this, but now after the new policy, jdownloader cant download my links.

So now , i have to download the links manually one by one.

Any suggestion, please?

they will tell you the 50GB group limit.
song9-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back