RapidPlayer.org | Get paid up to $3 / 1000 views. No uploading needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rafat & @joecool6101 at the moment we are not paying for embeds, but we are working on it. it should be done by the middle of this week. we are thinking half of the money for embedded views

@william5055 we pay for all complete views. we don't pay for downloads atm, because the download button just goes directly to rapidshare, not going through our servers

@da.ta good idea, will add

at the moment I'm travelling so sorry about the delay in response in this thread.

We have been busy improving our service the past couple of days

- we are beta testing our API and will roll it out this weekend. If you would like access please PM me or post here.
- we implemented auto-scale for our servers so it is waaaay more reliable
- lowered our payout to $5 so its super easy to get paid
- we will start paying for embedded views this weekend so stay tuned (it will be half rate for embedded views)

biggest bug we cant forward or rewind a video. if we forward video it will put you back at starting point + there are lot of bugs as well

i will be happy to start with them if they allow embed link because you can shows ads one embed video so you can earn as well.

@iAmDjmAd the forward bug is due to the nature of streaming from remote. You can forward in the buffered part of the video. Also if you are streaming flv the flv must be encoded in a special way to be able to forward into it. It is a bug in the jw player we are using. Working on the fix

Can you pm me about the other bugs you found?

About paying for embeds: the develpment is going slower than we expected, due to an issue with divx player, but we are working on it. We would like to make this service profitable both for our affiliates and us so it will be a long term alternative to traditional streaming sites

^ yes if you look around many video hosts which use their own server allow embed but their ads shows on embed videos before play. visitors have to bear with ads in order to play.

& another thing what if RS has stop this service or do some changes at remote server which cause you problem to stream. since its simply the generating links using Premium accounts.

@iAmDjmAd we did our best to keep rapidshare happy. we own about 100 premium accounts and we are rotating them. also our streaming servers are cloud based so even if they block one of our IPs our system takes down the faulty box and replacing it with a new one

cool i will be happy to join you if you able to keep them happy. because my ass was kicked before.

good luck

i am already starting. looking forward for embed feature & check your pm as well.
the bug i found was merely a resolution problem. it looks ok at big resolution.

@iAmDjmAd i just checked in chrome, firefox, opera and IE on windows and safari on my mac and i can't find anything wrong with the login form so no idea what is the problem

^ i am using firefox but nothing popout while clicking or moving cursor on Login.
but working on chrome might be because of my cache

i cant move forward in the buffered part of the video everytime i move forward it will bring video from begining

^ thats the problem i have been asking him to fix this. we cant forward it its ok but atleast we should not lost the buffer part,

it really sucks because my visitors complaining me a lot.

Extremely 'insecure' programming right there; with a little bit of snooping around, I was able to download ANY rapidshare link using your site; and no, I did not have to 'generate' it through your site first.

And I don't consider myself a real pro at all of this, so if I can do it, then you can rest assured other unethical programmers can easily use this in an abusive manner.

@Lifetalk we know, its not a secret. Actually I'm in the process of making the direct download functionality open for everyone. Also please keep in mind that we are in beta, the software is made from scratch so there must be bugs here or there

About the skipping issue: Its due to an issue with the flv standard. Please read this article about it: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/288688-ffmpeg-flv-s-won-t-skip-foward

Here is a properly encoded flv where you are able to skip: http://rapidplayer.org/player/10884

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back