Question to Machar Re: WebMoney

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K.B.

Member Machar posted on 16th Apr 2015, 04:07 PM regarding WebMoney: "I use the Webmoney App for sending and receiving funds. It works great! I just had to verify using SMS once. You can set your own 4 digit numeric code which will act as common password for all your transactions."

New member M.K.B. tells Machar: I just recently registered with WebMoney, and I have a WebMoney Mini account. As a reaction to what you said, if I use the WebMoney app, does this mean that we can completely get rid of SMS messages (except for one time as you are saying) and perhaps E-NUM? I would like to avoid having to use those (though if I am forced to choose, I would choose E-NUM if some conditions are met). Also, how do we make sure that SMS messages (and perhaps E-NUM) is/are never used again? Unfortunately, basically all information I have been able to find regarding these issues are in Russian, and unfortunately, I don't speak Russian.

Regards,

M.K.B.

P.S.: I forgot to mention that WebMoney support goes in circles. They don't answer me what I am asking them.

9 comments
What i understand you do not want each time sms confirmation.

I can suggest as er account security you must use either ENUM or sms confirmation, while ENUM is much better coz it works offline and also avoid sms delay.

Use the Android/iOS App. You just need the SMS code during the setup. Once setup is done you should set a passcode for all your transactions. You will be required to use this passcode instead of SMS Code during transactions. This code will provide security and at the same time remove the hassle of SMS verification.

What i understand you do not want each time sms confirmation.

I can suggest as er account security you must use either ENUM or sms confirmation, while ENUM is much better coz it works offline and also avoid sms delay.

Yes, worlockt, E-NUM is better or much better than SMS, but if we can eliminate both SMS and E-NUM, that's the best of all scenarios for me. You see, E-NUM does not support Linux, and that is what I am using.

M.K.B.

Use the Android/iOS App. You just need the SMS code during the setup. Once setup is done you should set a passcode for all your transactions. You will be required to use this passcode instead of SMS Code during transactions. This code will provide security and at the same time remove the hassle of SMS verification.

Machar, when you say "This code will provide security and at the same time remove the hassle of SMS verification", does this also apply to E-NUM so that both SMS and E-NUM are eliminated? I am thinking about using their application compatible with Ubuntu Linux (which is a .deb). One caveat, though, is that in my preliminary tests, I have only been able to find .deb files in Russian, but there might be a .deb file in English. I need to research this more.

M.K.B.

Last edited:
I use the App. I dont know much about E-Num but I dont need any code SMS code while transactions. I just use my security code to send money.

Mobile Apps are in English

Hey, Machar!

I was finally able to confirm that the Linux application is only in Russian and in no other language. So I have to go the mobile OS route....perhaps I can use something like VirtualBox in Linux with a mobile OS virtual machine as a guest. But it'll take time for me to familiarize with all this scenario. By the way, while we are at it, which mobile OS are you using? And please let me ask you another question, too. Can you change your personal info with the application without using SMS? When I changed my email with WebMoney, I had to use SMS, so please let me know.

Until next time,

M.K.B.

For those of you who are using Linux and know Russian, here's the .deb file (for Ubuntu, Debian, etc.):

http: // api4mini.webmoney*****download/mywm_1.0.158-1_i386.deb (close the gaps).

My original question still remains, so if you know the answer, please post. As it pertains to a mobile OS and using the application for this mobile OS, is it possible to change your personal info with the application without using SMS? When I changed my email with WebMoney on the Internet (no application), I had to use SMS, so please let me know. Also, which mobile OS do you advise?

M.K.B.

P.S.: I am considering using Android VirtualBox images within VirtualBox, but I am still not sure. Here are some free images:

https: // virtualboxes.org/images/android-x86 (close the gaps).

Last edited:
I am currently using the iOS App. I am not sure whether you can change personal details with the App. But they had added option to verify documents within the App.

I am currently using the iOS App. I am not sure whether you can change personal details with the App. But they had added option to verify documents within the App.

Hello, Machar!

Thank a lot for your reply.

You are saying: "they had added option to verify documents within the App". I am trying to understand you, but what do you mean by that? When I sent my documents, first I saved my documents to my computer, and then I uploaded them to WebMoney. So what is the difference between what you say and what I did?

M.K.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back