Problem with bots

m1000

Hello, I run a website where I embed files from websites such as doodstream.com, voe.sx. I started getting massive DMCA notices of my files. I'm sure some bots are doing this because it's several thousand reports a week. I'm not very good at programming. Is there any way to defend against this?
Post automatically merged:

Iframe tags are in my website code, so I'm sure there's something I can do better to protect the files from being reported.

Last edited:
9 comments
yeah, dont show them to bots, only humans, captcha blablabla many ways to fight agains this

The fastest way to kill a streaming site is to force an interaction on the user every time they try to watch a video... Furthermore captchas don't stop regular bots, let alone the ones used by copyright enforcement agencies, which can request whitelisting by captcha and CDN providers. The only thing you could try is employing rate-limiting and developing an in-house captcha or challenge system which, again, will annoy the hell out of your users. And if your site is big enough it'll get bypassed sooner rather than later anyway. Think about it this way, if there were a bulletproof way of stopping bots there would be no bots. But there are tons of them. So to answer OP's question: no.

The fastest way to kill a streaming site is to force an interaction on the user every time they try to watch a video... Furthermore captchas don't stop regular bots, let alone the ones used by copyright enforcement agencies, which can request whitelisting by captcha and CDN providers. The only thing you could try is employing rate-limiting and developing an in-house captcha or challenge system which, again, will annoy the hell out of your users. And if your site is big enough it'll get bypassed sooner rather than later anyway. Think about it this way, if there were a bulletproof way of stopping bots there would be no bots. But there are tons of them. So to answer OP's question: no.
theres not bullet proof method but there are techniques can be used and are being used by many big sites that are effective otherwise nobody would bother and content would be taken down in seconds

there are techniques can be used and are being used by many big sites that are effective

Such as? And how do you know they are effective? I've been writing bots and automation software for 15+ years and I can tell you I've never encountered anything that was effective at stopping anything but the most basic bots. The ones copyright enforcement agencies use are not the sort of bots you'll find on github or that some nerd codes in his basement. The sites that have no issue with DMCA bots are the ones that use hosting and/or other services that can afford ignoring them outright or use automated backup replacements upon takedowns.

Last edited:
Such as? And how do you know they are effective? I've been writing bots and automation software for 15+ years and I can tell you I've never encountered anything that was effective at stopping anything but the most basic bots. The ones copyright enforcement agencies use are not the sort of bots you'll find on github or that some nerd codes in his basement. The sites that have no issue with DMCA bots are the ones that use hosting and/or other services that can afford ignoring them outright or use automated backup replacements upon takedowns.
so technically protection is impossible. can you please give me an idea how this guy protecting his content. i think it's a custom plugin. but any idea how can i make such plugin?

================

another idea. what if i create a simple question and answer submit botton. like what is the colour of sky? blue. but instead of giving a text replace the question with image? like:

and replace question daily?

so technically protection is impossible. can you please give me an idea how this guy protecting his content. i think it's a custom plugin. but any idea how can i make such plugin?

No, protection is definitely possible. What's not possible is protection that can't be bypassed. That's why I said you might be able to stop basic bots with protection, but you'll never keep out the advanced ones.

The protection on that site is fairly simple. When you click the button it just submits form data (which can easily be extracted from the page) along with a recaptcha challenge answer (which can easily be solved either through a solving service or AI). Fairly easy bypass for any dev that knows what he's doing.

another idea. what if i create a simple question and answer submit botton. like what is the colour of sky? blue. but instead of giving a text replace the question with image? like:

Again, super easy to bypass. If I were writing a bot to bypass that I'd download the image, run it through OCR to recognize and extract the text. Then to get the answer to the question, depending on how the questions are generated, I'd either build a lookup table with all question and answers, feed the question through a LLM (ChatGPT or an open source model), or parsing it (if it's a dynamic math question).

If you want to fight DMCA bots you need to think outside of the box. For example one thing that all bots have in common, be it simple or advanced, is that they have a limited amount of computing power available to them. This is something you can exploit. I posted an example of this before https://www.wjunction.com/threads/d...t-how-to-fight-an-armada-of-dmca-bots.228164/

A technique i used it with my website is that i clone/copy each video link then post the clone copy and hide the original in database
Then run a cron everyday to check dead Links/removed by dmca,
request a new link from the host

So it' s a win win, if you can't fight it , run with it, let them be happy with the take down just reupload

the only problem to this is when you have 2 million video links like i had it will require more 24 hours to finish
Post automatically merged:

What kind of bot do you make, based on php or ?
Are you available for a custom work, fixing a bot ?

Last edited:
Back