PrivateFiles.com - Upto $50 PPD or 60% PPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to be the bad, jaded guy ;)

However, how did the download count drop then the moment I removed the links and made files non-public?

Answer me this :)

Try and leave it as is. We didn't transfer any files this morning as we where upgrading our LAN capacity.
I have just scheduled another batch of 5000 files to be transferred, if any of your files are included you will see it again.
PM me your username if you want me to look into it.

Yes, I'm still observing. It's very odd. For yesterday I'm now having (with delay, I suppose) nice quantity of downloads, half of which are zeroes, but another half counted.
But I can't understand how it can be the latter. As I said I removed the links & made files non-public. Do you support any downloading software and are fine with that?
(As opposed to Xerver, say). Otherwise I can't explain all the odd stuff going on atm. Not that I'm not fine with it, quite the opposite. It's very positive as opposed to
what I saw the days prior, but I just can't explain it...

Anyways, user is tabrrrzk :) :friends:

Last edited:
Our programmer is looking into it and should get a response today
Right...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
You can choose to believe this or not, you will eventually see all your files having at least 1 download this way

2014-08-21 $x PENDING

When will you pay?

A payment requested 2014-08-21 would be payable 2014-08-28, however as usual we paid it early. It was paid today along with all other payment requests:)
got PAID. thanks ;)

Hi, Plz add Remote upload from RG, K2S, UL.
Hi,

We will review adding RU for various hosts during the next 2 weeks and add hosts based on the popularity and amount of requests we receive :)

Try and leave it as is. We didn't transfer any files this morning as we where upgrading our LAN capacity.
I have just scheduled another batch of 5000 files to be transferred, if any of your files are included you will see it again.
PM me your username if you want me to look into it.

Yes, I'm still observing. It's very odd. For yesterday I'm now having (with delay, I suppose) nice quantity of downloads, half of which are zeroes, but another half counted.
But I can't understand how it can be the latter. As I said I removed the links & made files non-public. Do you support any downloading software and are fine with that?
(As opposed to Xerver, say). Otherwise I can't explain all the odd stuff going on atm. Not that I'm not fine with it, quite the opposite. It's very positive as opposed to
what I saw the days prior, but I just can't explain it...

Anyways, user is tabrrrzk :) :friends:

I think its only fair to get an explanation after all the issues we had.

We had from the beginning assumed that our bottle necks would be the WAN connection, meaning the connection to the internet from our servers so we had designed a cluster of servers to create a shared storage pool which was accessed from several web servers through a LAN connection in order to satisfy the bandwidth requirements. We discovered a bit too late that our public network was not the bottle neck, it was our LAN connections and in order to unload the stress on the LAN connections we needed to use the LAN connections to move the files which caused more stress again. That is the reasons there was some ups and downs on the speed of our service, especially for file uploads as they passed through our LAN. We are able to deliver downloads bypassing the LAN usage so they did not suffer from the congestion.
When a file was moved from our storage cluster to an individual storage server it will show as a download, our servers doesn't care if your file is private or not as its internal transfers and the rules for the files (passwords, public/private) will still apply for the file in its new location, all links and everything remains the same! :)

I also looked at your account and I'm positive that the downloads showing is when the files are moved. If you publish the links again I'm sure you will see actual downloads and revenues generated

Last edited:
@PF,

heh, was just going to re-post about this :)

Well, thanks for the explanation, appreciated. However, whilst it all makes sense it still doesn't explain why I got downloads with revenue amidst all the file moving zeroes even though I had all the links removed & files un-published.

All I can think of - in case all the zeroes came from file movement & revenue downloads from actual downloads - is that, as I noted above as well, people use some downloading software (e.g. JDownloader) which maintained the links
even though in reality they were gone. Does it make sense? If so, it's very nice that you allow downloading software like that. Not many do.

Either way, thanks for the insight. :friends:

Hi, could you upgrade my store to 2TB (500GB is not enough now) and i was very pleased with the way you work until now :smile:.

my username: badalamentioregan

It looks like you are uploading with nearly 22 MB/sec, one of the files is transferring with 20.50 MB/s
Could you PM me the file URL's so I can check if all files are going to the same server or if they are distributed to different servers ?

Ultra slow upload speed with both zoom and neembuu:

Stop & Re-Start, It'll Boost Up The Speed

@Privatefiles, Check PM BTW
I answered it :)

Last edited:
how to choose remote upload server that begin with troy... i get fast speed 15000KB/Sec, the other 2 bolt...&private... can't upload very very slow 100KB/Sec.

i got this problem too. have to stop and reupload to get high upload speed.
also it takes so long to see files by ftp upload.
looks like PF turns to crap again.

Troy is the newest server and its only pushing a 1/3 of the traffic the other servers are, I have directed uploads to this server.
You should also noticed increased speeds using FTP as we are directing those to a server with pure SSD drives.
We are waiting for 2 more servers to be turned on either during the weekend or early next week.

It took many attemps abort and reupload to boost up the speed, very anoying.
Here are 2 successful uploads, i gave up the rest:
https://www.privatefiles.com/c3fd87n9ba4k
https://www.privatefiles.com/yxua3zowuoe9
Those are on troy, if you upload again your files will automatically go to this server :)

Last edited:
Troy is the newest server and its only pushing a 1/3 of the traffic the other servers are, I have directed uploads to this server.
You should also noticed increased speeds using FTP as we are directing those to a server with pure SSD drives.
We are waiting for 2 more servers to be turned on either during the weekend or early next week.

It took many attemps abort and reupload to boost up the speed, very anoying.
Here are 2 successful uploads, i gave up the rest:
https://www.privatefiles.com/c3fd87n9ba4k
https://www.privatefiles.com/yxua3zowuoe9
Those are on troy, if you upload again your files will automatically go to this server :)

I don't see any improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back