Dedicated Private Streaming Server (Emby server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilmjunkieGF

Hello,

I will use Emby on this server to stream Full-HD to my customers (~60 customers). It is NOT public.
There wont be much transcoding because all files are mp4/aac, which is playable without transcoding for nearly every device.

What I need:

HDD: 20-30 TB
CPU: strong enough to run Emby for multiple users (no transcoding)
RAM: enough to run Emby for multiple users (no transcoding)
Connection: 1Gbit, unlimited traffic

Payment: Bitcoin or Paysafecard (I prefer Bitcoin)

Budget: 150$-200$/month

9 comments
We can offer you following server:

CPU: Intel Xeon (2.6GHz)
Cores:4
RAM:32 GB DDR4 ECC
Disks:5x 6 TB SAS2
Connection:1Gbps
Traffic:Unlimited
Setup: $100 One Time
Price: $200/Mon

Dear OP, I think OVH is one of the cheapest providers you can get on market. If they can't offer such space in your budget, then i fear.
Maybe you can check here - https://us.ovh.com/us/cgi-bin/newOrder/order.cgi?hard=160cafs2

OVH will allow streaming activities if i am not wrong but, not all providers are allowing this in their normal servers so discuss correctly before making payments with any provider.

Streaming/CDN servers are always costly and if you want to have 20-30TB storage, it would cost a lot for sure.

Dear OP, I think OVH is one of the cheapest providers you can get on market. If they can't offer such space in your budget, then i fear.
Maybe you can check here - https://us.ovh.com/us/cgi-bin/newOrder/order.cgi?hard=160cafs2

OVH will allow streaming activities if i am not wrong but, not all providers are allowing this in their normal servers so discuss correctly before making payments with any provider.

Streaming/CDN servers are always costly and if you want to have 20-30TB storage, it would cost a lot for sure.

OVH does not accept Bitcoin or Paysafecard payments.

OVH does not accept Bitcoin or Paysafecard payments.

I knew. Still you will not get anything with such lower budget. You should have raised that to something around 350$.
When you have higher demands, The budget also should be higher.

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]We can offer you following server:[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]CPU: [/FONT]Intel Xeon D-1520
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Cores:4 / 8 Threads[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]RAM:32 GB DDR4 ECC[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Disks: 5x 6 TB SAS[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Connection:1Gbps[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Traffic:Unlimited[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Setup: $99 One Time setup fee[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Price: $199/Mon

Feel free to contact me to get this server. We accept Bitcoin[/FONT]

There are 2 offers with 5x 6 TB drives, i think only safe RAID configuration to meet 20+TB disk space is RAID 5 (<24TB) which will cause data loss if more than 1 drive (out of 5) fail, if im correct.

There are 2 offers with 5x 6 TB drives, i think only safe RAID configuration to meet 20+TB disk space is RAID 5 (<24TB) which will cause data loss if more than 1 drive (out of 5) fail, if im correct.

We have a Backup for all of the files, so we dont need a Raid5 on the server.

We have a Backup for all of the files, so we dont need a Raid5 on the server.

What about on changing your poor budget sir? Do you still think someone can offer this in such budget?

Lowe demands or raise budget.

I am not talking about me but some providers might start offering configs cost around 250$ or more but if you do not raise budget, it will be just wasting their time, nothing else so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back