Status
Not open for further replies.

JmZ

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Can we have a private forum area for trusted webmasters ( i mean, actual trusted, well known webmasters. Not the group "trusted webmasters").

The reason being so we can share things which aren't for the public and can chat about non-public things.

Also, if it does happen. Please do not let someone control it who is just going to make a load of new webmasters "trusted". The idea is to let old webmasters in mainly who should be chosen by a person with knowledge on those people.

From personal experience I know that if it becomes just another section managed by admins and/or mods it'll be filled up with people who shouldn't be there.

21 comments
Also, I personally DO NOT want moderators to have access to such a forum.
Moderators here are webmasters too, they should become trusted like everyone else, not be given instant access due to their FORUM rank.

obviously doesn't mean ALL mods, e.g. whoo. But they should earn access, not be given it instantly.

This sounds like an awesome idea :)

but i'm also wondering who would decide or how you would go about getting into the area if mods/admins don't decide who would?

Well whoever is in charge of the group would have to add people based on how trusted and well-known they are.

Meaning they must be trusted in general, not just by the head of the group.

Admins could handle such a group but not mods. Or, someone could be assigned to it.

JmZ don't always take the word "mods" in general. I don't like being called incapable and we both know we are with the very few older people in the scene.

Yes I know mods aren't incapable but the point is they should be chosen as "trusted" people rather than being given access by default.

That is my reason, not the fact that mods cannot handle such a thing.

Also, I personally DO NOT want moderators to have access to such a forum.
Moderators here are webmasters too, they should become trusted like everyone else, not be given instant access due to their FORUM rank.

obviously doesn't mean ALL mods, e.g. whoo. But they should earn access, not be given it instantly.

The only other moderator is me, so be more specific and say I should earn the rank instead of saying it indirectly. 8-) I like the idea and would personally think UltimA should choose who should be able to access the section (along with the admins).

Interesting idea for sure, and UltimA would be a good choice of who should be picking the people that get access to the forum. ;)

Ultima could be a good choice.
I'd suggest myself but I'm not staff so probably wouldn't be considered.

Ultima could be a good choice.
I'd suggest myself but I'm not staff so probably wouldn't be considered.
yea :D
why not let users here to post or vote
OR
why not people who have been active here or have helped many or have good post counts (shows active) would be in the Private Area ?

A voting system would totally ruin the whole system, I think he means allowing a particular person to choose who gets in and not ;)

Yes, I do.
For example, me or someone else with equal experience and knowledge of others.
Having a vote would totally ruin the idea as someone you like would gain control rather than someone who actually has the skills and knowledge required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back