Potentially In Need Of Warez Hosting, Looking For Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemØnik

In Need Of Host - How Much Bandwidth Do I Need?

Hi,

Despite being have partial ownership of a few warez forums a few years ago I've never had to deal with hosting. I may be receiving a forum that has warez, though it's primary focus is not warez. Think of a movie discussion website, with a download section to download the movies being discussed.

The site will not only be a forum, it may also be running Wordpress, and also an MP3 search script (similar to this). The current stats show ~200 members login daily, ~2K members total.

Here are my questions;

1. Will I need anything special in terms of hosting hardware? Depending on the price, I'm thinking a semi-dedicated hosting option would be the best choice. I do not have time to manage my own VPS for this website. What is the fastest, auto-managed option?

2. Is there a definitive best warez host in terms of reliability? If not, which is your favorite and why?

Thanks in advance, it has been quite some time since I've looked into these matters, I'm a little rusty.

10 comments
Hello Demonik, Have all your questions been answered?
If not, feel free to PM me or add me on MSN. I'd be happy to answer all your questions and find a host to suit your needs :)

What's a realistic amount of bandwidth/disk space used for a large vBulletin forum? Nothing special being hosted, just large 225x225 avatars.

I'm considering WRZHOST's Semi-Dedicated plans.

You may definitely like Scopehosts' managed vps service.
For your information, I'll not get any commission, just like to spread the word, "Scopehosts is one of the best" ;)
Go for their bronze plan, it fits you :)

Potentially In Need Of Warez Hosting

Think of a movie discussion website, with a download section to download the movies being discussed.
Storing and linking warez? I don't think these hosts can't accommodate you in that.

Perhaps people didn't read well.

Nothing will be stored on the host. Warez linking will take place, for movies only. I am curious as to how much bandwidth/disk space I will need for a large community on a vB forum. More concerned with bandwidth as I'm sure anything ~10GB+ will store any sort of vB install packed with mods.

Then you might choose a more appropriate title next time.:P

It should be common knowledge to identify "warez hosting" with hosting a warez site, which links to warez. Changed title nonetheless.

Anyways, not trying to have a debate. If someone could touch on the bandwidth question for a big forum it would be great.

Yeah, no debate necessary.

Warez Linking - Linking to warez files residing on other hosts
Warez Hosting - Hosting warez files residing on your own server (with optional linking to them)
Offshore Hosting - to host forums or blogs containing links to warez files (but not limited to warez files)

Now we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back