Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjeddy

Hello,

I am brand new to the Wjunction community, i originally came here to find offers for VPS servers outside the US. As i found a company one of the Moderators owns, then i asked some questions on their live chat and was completely blown of the chair by the replies i got.

An absolute ####...

Now, of course i would write about this in the thread where i found the offer. In pure curtisity to others thinking about moving to this company.

Now, my question. This user is a moderator on the forums, is it really normal to delete the post in his own thread because it doesn't suit him to have it up on the public? Posted the same post 10 times, and everytime he shortly comes back and deletes the post.

Is this really fair to the other advertisers when a moderator "abuse" his power in such way to gain his own company?

I guess this post will be deleted to.
Thanks anyways.

8 comments
No, the moderators should report the post in his owns thread as everyone else has to do and other moderators should look into the situation and see if any actions is necessary or not..

Someone do an IP Check on this guy. He's being spamming the site since he registered and has near 20 deleted posts commenting on hosting he's not even registered with. I think it's a dub account of a pissed member.

Someone do an IP Check on this guy. He's being spamming the site since he registered and has near 20 deleted posts commenting on hosting he's not even registered with. I think it's a dub account of a pissed member.

I am not a duplicate member or pissed off, i have been browsing the forums for a while and decided to register when i got the threatment i got. Like you say yourself, i got 20 deleted posts from one thread, where every post is the same post deleted by the same moderator.

I don't think that it's fair against other advertisers on the forum that a moderator can delete negative feedback from his own threads towards his own company just because the post doesn't suit him.

And yes, i got upset the way i got threated by the company and i got even more upset when i get threated the way i do by the forum. As far as i can understand, then the company has nothing do to with this forum besides that its being advertised here.

how do you know he didn't report your posts to another mod and then they got deleted threads are not support there sales make a ticket cause support questions get removed sometimes if reported

Because he was the only online moderator at the time. And i did not ask any support questions, i was generally expressing my concern against their company and how they threatend their customers that are not even customers yet.

No the moderator in question did delete all the posts at the time. I know as I was talking to him on MSN at the time. Their was also another feedback topic deleted. I had two replies deleted too as I quoted you.

Anyway their was no need for your posts. You were going on about cPannel and how he could get it cheaper with some referral program or something which he didn't have. You were also going on about how unprofessional one reply was when you were in conversation with him on LiveSupport. I read the whole thing and have heard both sides of the story. You were very selective in which parts of the LiveSupport chat you quoted. The reason I asked if someone would check your IP was I couldn't understand why as a new member you were bring up such things when you didn't even have hosting with them and showed no interest in purchasing hosting at all and just seamed to be interested in causing trouble.

In the live support chat logs you were told a few times if you wanted cheaper cPannel you were more than welcome to look for another host that were cPannel resellers and try and find a cheaper deal.

As for what the moderator did in deleting the topics himself in his own thread, that was wrong and against the rules. Your replies weren't needed though and would just have being removed later by another staff member.

For future it's best to enforce more the rule that moderators can't moderate their own topics to avoid future reoccurrences of this situation.

Actually, i had all intentions to choose CrypticVPS as the provider of my VPS needs. He didn't say "You'r more then welcome to choose hosting elsewhere"..

I would have done exactly what he did in live chat, but the way he worded himself and wrote his sentences might him rude and annoying. He should have dealt with the situation completely different instead of throwing sentences like "We don't force anyone to buy from us" and then close the chat session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back