Pik'A'Flik; IMDB Tool for uploaders -- DeJay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeJay

Program name: Pik'A'Flik
Author: DeJay
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
Description: Connects to the IMDB Database and grabs movie information on a movie you specify.
Also grabs poster, and has plenty of other options.

[Screenshots]
*Main*
62655rEYeWImnGh.png

*Movie Search*
452357rEYeWImnGh.png

*Menus*
313917.png

863903.png

15712Untitle.png

*Movie Finder*
903574XAU_TDjycA6zl.png

*Template Editor*
77993129EfWCSSvTk0.jpg

[/Screenshots]

Code:
https://hotfile.com/dl/188271068/3eb1957/PikAFlik.zip.html

Code:
https://hotfile.com/dl/188271068/3eb1957/PikAFlik.zip.html

*NOTE*
If the included missing files do not work, you can find any missing ocx/dll files at OCX Dump

**NOTE #2**
I have removed certain image host's from this program due to them not being around anymore or they are now requiring you to register an account with them. There is only 1 image host to use as of right now, but i do not believe this program is used much anymore, but if it picks back up and is being used, i will add more image host's.

1/9/13
- Decided to do a small update.
-- Fixed a few small bugs, optimised some code.
-- Added a movie finder option, just input a keyword and it will list any movies found. Double click the movie to grab the information

Last edited:
166 comments
2011_08_11_00h02_13.jpg

2011_08_10_23h56_42.jpg

Tried moving missing file to c:\windows\syswow64\MSWINSCK.OCX , registered but same error. error while registering as well. Tried again after downloading from ocx site. Same again. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. Please help.

Last edited:
2011_08_11_00h02_13.jpg

2011_08_10_23h56_42.jpg

Tried moving missing file to c:\windows\syswow64\MSWINSCK.OCX , registered but same error. error while registering as well. Tried again after downloading from ocx site. Same again. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. Please help.

Code:
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/90689-call-dllregisterserver-failed-0x8002801c.html

Googled your error and thats what came up, see if that fixes the problem, if not please let me know and we will figure something out.

Thank you Deejay, this is awesom that you are helping with a free tool that will make life easier. I will post after trying this fix. Regards.

i will download the program to my wife's pc(win7) and see if i can get it to work and give you guys the solution.

i will be doing this after work(8 hours from now) and i will give a reply back later.

can you PLEASE update the app and remove EpicImageHost and ImageCafe, since they no longer work, and add imgcrave.com and imgur.com ?? Please??

Lulzimg is good, but has many downtime, and it would be good to be able to use one of the other 2 imagehosts I asked: imgcrave and imgur ....

PLEASE!

Hey Dejay is there a way to make this a web app? It'd be something I'd be interested in. Just curious.

i dont know enough about php to code something like this for the web.
if you can find someone that codes good in php ill be willing to help them with how this was coded, but i cant do it myself.

here is what i am getting.. using windows7, while attempting registering missing files

7f336c4845.png
while putting this program on both my win7 machines i have no problem using it, so i cant really help you in that area, its something to do with the way you are registering the files.

run the program as admin.
download files from ocxdump.com

same here

windows xp

when opening the program on my pc, i am getting no errors it starts right up.

save you templates folder and re-download the program and then replace your templates folder and see if that helps. it may be something to do with the program somewhere.

if that doesnt work, do the following.

go to Start > Run > type 'regedit'
While in registry editor goto "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" > "Software" > "VB and VBA Program Settings".
Delete the folder named "PAF"
Re-open the program.

NOW if that doesnt work, let me know.

Since this morning, the app hasn't been working at all, and it was working fine till yesterday.

Now, I always get this error:

[SLIDE]http://screensnapr.com/e/u9FDG4.png[/SLIDE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back