Pik'A'Flik; IMDB Tool for uploaders -- DeJay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeJay

Program name: Pik'A'Flik
Author: DeJay
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
Description: Connects to the IMDB Database and grabs movie information on a movie you specify.
Also grabs poster, and has plenty of other options.

[Screenshots]
*Main*
62655rEYeWImnGh.png

*Movie Search*
452357rEYeWImnGh.png

*Menus*
313917.png

863903.png

15712Untitle.png

*Movie Finder*
903574XAU_TDjycA6zl.png

*Template Editor*
77993129EfWCSSvTk0.jpg

[/Screenshots]

Code:
https://hotfile.com/dl/188271068/3eb1957/PikAFlik.zip.html

Code:
https://hotfile.com/dl/188271068/3eb1957/PikAFlik.zip.html

*NOTE*
If the included missing files do not work, you can find any missing ocx/dll files at OCX Dump

**NOTE #2**
I have removed certain image host's from this program due to them not being around anymore or they are now requiring you to register an account with them. There is only 1 image host to use as of right now, but i do not believe this program is used much anymore, but if it picks back up and is being used, i will add more image host's.

1/9/13
- Decided to do a small update.
-- Fixed a few small bugs, optimised some code.
-- Added a movie finder option, just input a keyword and it will list any movies found. Double click the movie to grab the information

Last edited:
166 comments
Program has been updated.

Added a template editor to make it easier to create/edit templates instead of having to do it through notepad all the time.

all image host's are currently working.

can you please fix the image hosts??

epicimagehost has gone private and no longer works for uploading images.
imagecafe has gone down.
lulzimg has too much downtime and too many bugs in image uploading, and crashes the app 90% pf the time....
picsend.... well, it's really bad and also crashes the app 99% of the times.

Can you please add more imagehosts, like imgur.com for example? this is urgent and important. we're running out of options. :(

Last edited:
anytime i try to use lulzimg I get a "runtime error 9" and the app shuts down. eih is now private and imgcafe has gone down. and picsend is really bad on loading.

also, can you please unlock the template field? It's useful to be able to add some things there manually after fetching the info.

Please unlock it and add more img hosts.

i dont feel like joining your website just to get access to use your website.

"Robin H" came to me giving me permission to use eih for uploading images, and pretty much asked me to put it in my program.

I will just simply remove your website from the img host's and call it done.

To my other supporters:

I just got in from my 4 of july vacation, i have some unpacking to do and have to take care of a few other things, i will update the program with new image host's that work and upload it as soon as possible.

Will some of you please suggest image host's for me to use as i dont upload images very often and dont know what the good websites are.

like i said, i will be working on this later and hopefully have everything fixed by this weekend, please be patient with me and thank you for supporting my software.

Mod, Include this with main post please

Hi,
great tool but when you using windows 7 x64, you need some files (prjChameleon.ocx, MSINET.OCX,COMDLG32.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX) you must copy these files to Windows\SysWOW64\ and run this command: exp. regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\MSWINSCK.OCX ect.

You find the files on http://www.ocxdump.com

Kind Regards

This information should be included with the main post, very helpful information. I am using windows xp but still I have to save these ocx files into "IMDB Tools" folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back