Status
Not open for further replies.

Time

Didn't know where else to post this, figured it might as well go in here.

--

I was a Game Master (aka moderator, technical support) on a game. I provided technical support (lasting 2-3 hours per day) for about 2 weeks to this one donor (I got told to by the Owners) and because of how much I had to help him, I received a tip.

The donor donated for in-game items which he received on his character, what I did was simply add the items to the character as well as give him race changes, class changes, etc.

After about a month this guy is now banned from the server or left, not sure since I am no longer a GM on that server and this asshole has decided to charge back and I've filled out the dispute on paypal and escalated it to a claim but now they are asking this:

- Issue the buyer a full refund.
- I can provide proof that the item was shipped.
- Provide proof that the buyer has already been refunded.

Since it is a virtual item I cannot give proof for that it was shipped, I certainly won't (and can't) refund him so what should I do?

15 comments
Yes, you can't claim a dispute for virtual stuff. I already encounter that excuse when I opened a dispute -.-

Thank you! :D Just have to contact them and provide some information to the donation page showing it is virtual items.

Virtual... so I can sell PHP scripts, if they want refund. I just say "PayPal's TOS state that they dont provide a refund for "any" virtual sale items." then they will drop the dispute? :O

Virtual... so I can sell PHP scripts, if they want refund. I just say "PayPal's TOS state that they dont provide a refund for "any" virtual sale items." then they will drop the dispute? :O

I sell Wordpress themes on Since83.Com and i have never had to give a refund because of Paypals TOS.

I don't think their TOS term of "virtual" means everything on the internet (files,scripts,etc...), I think it's more like a virtual service like Time's problem :|

I don't think their TOS term of "virtual" means everything on the internet (files,scripts,etc...), I think it's more like a virtual service like Time's problem :|

No it means any non tangible items online numb nuts. otherwise a user could buy a script, download it and then get there money back over and over again. They dont want this to happen so they dont give refunds. Read the TOS before you tell me what im talking about.

That's what I'm saying it doesnt apply to that kind of stuff. Sorry I don't read TOS as a hobby

Then if its not a hobby and you dont and wont do it you may want to keep shut about what it means and says since you have never read it. Is being an idiot your hobby?

No, passing time on the internet and laugh at people like you is :)

The fact im actually smarter about this matter than you because you admit not to read but still come in here trying to "guess" what it says dont dont say enough though you didnt read it.... that makes you laugh at me? ok. guess retards really do just like to laugh at anything.

Yes us retards like that :) Since the question was answered I suggest we stop posting since you're obviously so much smarter then me here!

Thank you <3

Yeah same goes for hosting -

Call paypal and tell them that it was a Service you provided.

"Paypal cannot ensure the quality of any services provided. Therefore this doesn't give the buyer any protection with disputes"

I call PayPal for ANY charge backs and tell them it was for a service and they close the case strait away.

BUT if it is a BANK OR CREDIT CARD charge back you may have some issues getting the money back. It's only paypal disputes this applies to! But with saying that I win 9 out of 10 bank or CC charge backs.

Hope that helps.
P.S it's all in the PP TOS Check it out! If you quote it back to them from their TOS they dont have any choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back