PassRem - Remember's All Your Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

immu

Hello guys,

have written an simple app which remembers your Passwords and has ability to search and show your passwords
** Have made it for myself, but can not stop sharing at WJ**

ScrrenShots:

13897540.png

55241938.png

23577361.png

86347973.png

i'm still a learner, so you should expect updates soon.

Known Issues:
*will save duplicate url's but on search, will only show the one you saved 1st
*Passwords are not encrypted

will work on those 2 issues on next update

Updates/Fixes:

-Improved GUI
-User Name Integration and Retrieval Added
-Size is Fixed

Virus report
Code:
http://vscan.novirusthanks.org/analysis/852caa6d0fe1aa3fe09948034b951fe9/cGFzc3JlbXYxLTEtZXhl/

Downlod Link V1.1

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i6x614f6sh4ua0k

Last edited:
23 comments
Superb app mate ;) Will look forward to see some professional apps from your side . Anyways , did it make some file to store passwords ? Like so that we can take its backup and use on our other systems as well .

1- Are the passwords secure? Do I need to enter a master password to access all the passwords or something?
2- What is the need for this? I mean Chrome and firefox already have built in feature for this.

what about the username? how to save it?

will release user name version by evening

nice app a little suggestions is we can able to search using description instead of a url

e.g http://www.wjunction.com instead of this the search results may appear for wjunction

and windows is resizable make it fixed and good luck for your future works :)

will fix the dimensions, thanks for your suggestions

i did not pass any validations on URL you can save your url as "wjunction" too

Cheers

1- Are the passwords secure? Do I need to enter a master password to access all the passwords or something?
2- What is the need for this? I mean Chrome and firefox already have built in feature for this.

Yeah in Firefox built in feature is there but

Bro he said he is a learner Let us appriciate his efforts..

1- No. As i have mentioned, i have not encrypted passwords will do it in next version
2- i made it for myself, probably if some one can use it (learning is always good)
chrome,firefox use cookies its just a lite C# code, it got a search-function and i know, i can not beat FF or CH (team work >> Individual)

Bro, firstly I would say nice start with the application.

I would suggest a few quick things for this simple application.
- Make the password text box as "password" so that you can hide the password you are typing. And put a button "Show Password" at the side, on which if you click then only the password will be visible.
- Make this app portable so that users can carry it on their pen drives anywhere.

I agree to the fact that Google Chrome and Firefox have it as a built in feature but making apps for yourself is a good idea always. What if the PC you are using is not yours ? In such cases these kind of apps will definitely be useful.

Good effort mate. I am always there if you need some help with coding things :P I know you don't but cheers :D

Malware can easily get all info username/password from Firefox and Chrome.

If Immu protects the passwords, it is better than saving in your browser.

Malware can easily get all info username/password from Firefox and Chrome.

True. I don't know about Chrome but (AFIAK) Firefox does in fact protect the passwords using SQLite's build-in encryption functionality. The problem is that FF sacrifices security for ease of use by storing the key locally so it doesn't have to prompt the user for a password (master key) each time it needs to auto-fill a password textbox. FF does it by design. But it's a common mistake made by people who just get in to programming. Encryption is pointless if the key is stored on the same device as the data. Just something to keep in mind :).

At any rate. I think the best source of inspiration I can give for a password manager is something like KWalletManager. It integrates into the whole system so that whatever app needs login credentials will check your wallet first. The result is that you only need to fill in a password once when kWallet starts.

Good job immu dude (y) I have no use for this since I already have a something along these lines but I appreciate your efforts and the excellent job you have done thus far.

One suggestion from me would be to setup the app so as you need a username and password to login to the app which then decrypts the data stored within. I have no idea if this is even possible without using a server or something but it's basically what Lastpass does in order to keep data secure.

JGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back