OVH server for video hosting

10 comments
To start with what's the average bitrate of those videos? Bitrate x 4000 = bandwidfh required, number of unique videos watched at any one time x bitrate = storage type required

Depends upon the video quality like 720p or full hd 1080p and how many users are going to watch them at a same time and also if there is a download option available, still I would recommend you any dedicated server with minimum of 1gbps full duplex dedicated uplink and 2 x SSD hard drives in RAID-0 configuration, as that can make them work more good for streaming.

Depends upon the video quality like 720p or full hd 1080p and how many users are going to watch them at a same time and also if there is a download option available, still I would recommend you any dedicated server with minimum of 1gbps full duplex dedicated uplink and 2 x SSD hard drives in RAID-0 configuration, as that can make them work more good for streaming.
for this type of use, it would be better NVMe? or SSD?

Depends really. If you have a lot of the same videos of watched by a lot of users then if you set config right, they'll be stored in ram anyways. If you have a lot of different videos being watched by a lot of users at the same time they won't fit in memory and SSD /NVME is the way to go. If you only have a 1gbit uplink then it really doesn't matter all that much, you could even get away with mechanic drives in a raid 0

Before choosing a hosting plan or provider, I would advise you to conduct extensive research. Look for the most dependable and reputable hosting provider who can truly deliver the services that are most suited to your hosting needs through internet reviews and forums.

Back