Other site owners stealing other site owners GFX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle

Hey just wondering what u guys thought of 5* site owners stealing other site owners GFX? especially when they made it themselves!

Let us know :)

23 comments
I kinda expect this from 1 and 2* webmasters "if" they don't know any better...but from a 5* webmaster I seriously think they can do a bit better than that! SO LOW!

whats the site belle? you can send it via pm if you don't want it public :)

edit: i found it morons :/ would have more coming from that site

warezhaven.org Username here is Madnessken

He stole our welcome banner which we made for all of our sites!

Yea people would rip their own mother if they could unfortunately the trick is to try put your sites name somewhere its hard to cover then if they rip it people will just be like wtfbbq then go to your site :D

Just because their site is page ranked doesn't mean anything, Like seriously rather they are 1 * - 5 * that is just their site their could be many reasons for them being 1 - 5 *

well most 4* and 5* site stolen Smartwarez.org Rank badges, welcome Register Banner, and many things, how suck they are and how they got that ranking lol

I came to know about this site for the first time:|

Also that site is ugly the owner is simply noob, the domain name is warezheavan and the tag line says "We Have Dragons".
Oh how come dragons can be of angels?

Belle don't worry just PM that guy or lets everybody ddos his site :)) (just a joke)

GFX and coders need to protect their work and their's two ways of doing this.

The nice way involves offering a lite version of it for free to everyone or a backlink in the case of coding. Generally if it's free they accept it.
The bad way is to encode a hidden backlink or trackback into the skin or coding. I know of a several WJ members that were and are using ripped skins that have a hidden trackback and sending all their details to another site and allowing themselves to be hacked.

Unfortunately it's not that easy with GFX and you can't secretly sabotage or shell their site if they rip an image. I'd like to think most people remove it if you ask them though.

i have seen many sites using smartWarez.org welcome banner :|
and other shits :/
and lol they are rated like 4* on katz
now dat is stupid

In my opinion if any 4-5* site is behaving like 1-2* sites by stealing some other sites unique and self-made grafix or anything else, that 4-5* site should be demoted to 1/2/3* without any further discussions. :P

These is no other better solution to stop other sites from doing the same mistake. 8-)

Higher Rating site means unique looks and better contents.
I see many uploaders upload the same content to other higher sites too the same and even the lower one, so why not making the lower sites too 4 or 5 star then when the content is same and also I have seen many 1 or 2 star sites wih a unique skin.

Mcgrill I agree to what you said, I heard it many days ago that using ninjawarez skin was not permitable and that too the sites where banned for using that skin(Not Sure).

So you are correct they should be banned for stealing others stuff like the GFX or should be demoted.

Well he finally replied and said Tomorrow morning he will remove OUR banner from his site...so hopefully he does the right thing :) we will see huh

It sucks tbh. Sometimes this happens. I had also used smartwarez's welcome banner because I never knew he was the one who made it. But after he informed me, I changed it :p

Well this news ^ is old though <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back