Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

I'm about to make a purchase from there...

Anyone tried their VPS hosting on here?

Am I making a mistake?

Thanks.;)

29 comments
Nopee. As I have said, they are one of the best :)
I would not be personally recommending them and putting my reputation on the line for them if they were not good :)

I'm about to make a purchase from there...

Anyone tried their VPS hosting on here?

Am I making a mistake?

Thanks.;)

Appears they are having good plans

See their VPS bandwidth unmetered policy here http://www.openvservers.com/unmeteredpolicy.html

The bandwidth is too less.

a) If you use more than the value specified below, depending on your plan, the speed of your connection might be limited:

• Virtual Machine OVS 1 - 250 GB / month or 62.5 GB / week
  • Virtual Machine OVS 2 - 375 GB / month or 93.75 GB / week
  • Virtual Machine OVS 3 - 500 GB / month or 125 GB / week
  • Virtual Machine OVS 4 - 750 GB / month or 187.5 GB / week

b) Between 1:00 and 10:00 GMT+0 you can do unlimited downloads and uploads always at 100 mpbs regardless of your bandwidth usage in a determined week or month.

I dont know why they offered unmetered bandwidth and they say this
"There is no such thing as a hosting company providing unmetered services" and then they list the monthly limits? then why say unmetered in the 1st place when it clearly says what bentink posted

Saying 250 GB bandwidth/month on a VPS to be unmetered is not acceptable. And after that you can be limited to what speed who knows.

As a note, they use giga-international. Giga would limit you to 10 Mbps if you cross 20-30 Mbps continously for around 4 days

I dont know why they offered unmetered bandwidth and they say this
"There is no such thing as a hosting company providing unmetered services" and then they list the monthly limits? then why say unmetered in the 1st place when it clearly says what bentink posted

Saying 250 GB bandwidth/month on a VPS to be unmetered is not acceptable.

Because that is what unmetered is. you are referring to "unlimited" which is different.

also @ bentink, not if you have your own ports and collocate :)

Guys I didn't choose any of these plans, I spoke to the owner on Email and requested a custom VPS with limited bandwidth I requested. so that's not an issue, I need to know about the quality of their support, how reliable are they etc.. anyone here actually hosted by them?

Guys I didn't choose any of these plans, I spoke to the owner on Email and requested a custom VPS with limited bandwidth I requested. so that's not an issue, I need to know about the quality of their support, how reliable are they etc.. anyone here actually hosted by them?

I would not trust giga-international for reliable bandwidth.

I've used Ricardo's services before. Although the quality of the service and support is excellent, I've found the speed to differ during different times of the day.

After reading threads on other sites about giga, it made sense. They use three different rules: non-peak, peak and ultra peak.

Furthermore, I think openvservers is again out of stock.

i used there service for a little while.....probably the best service i recieved from a vps provider.......the support i recieved was also excellent ....they make everything simple for you and i dont think i ever had a bad time with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back