Status
Not open for further replies.

rey2k5

Hi,

As my sites are getting huge, I am starting to get lots of annoying DMCA notices. Currently, all my sites are hosted in a USA-based dedicated server, so I guess it is time to move over to an offshore one.

My sites are like the typical linkto sites, which means it doesn't really host the files. Instead, it links to the files that I have uploaded over at fileserve.com.

As for my question, which countries consider sites such as this as legal? Also, which hosting companies should I go with for the dedicated server (Offshore only please)? Bandwidth is not really an issue, I just want a high-end server (currently I am on a Core i7 860 Quad Core http://helpdesk.wooservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=11 with 8GB of ram + 4TB BW + 1TB SATA HDD and cPanel - paying $200 every month), fully managed (standard server setup, xcache and know what they are doing), reasonably priced and a stable host with a good existing reputation (wouldn't want it to close down in 3 months after I entered).

Thanks for all the help in advance!

15 comments
Thanks. But the problem is, the bigger your site is, the more noticeable the sites will be to those copyright warriors. x_X

Anymore recommendation guys? Servedome server doesn't seem to be powerful enough for my needs. :(

I HIGHLY recommend Serverboost. I was with them for the last 20 months and they are fantastic with amazing tech support, very efficient.
They have a promise of 99% uptime, they actually mean it.
They have a wealth of different servers, be it shared or dedicated.
I would recommend the dedicated as I did though as I too own a couple of large sites, very affordable with good specifications. He'll even build you a custom if needed.
Code:
http://serverboost.com/
Feel free to read their reviews at Webhostingtalk or anywhere else for that matter.
The person you'll be speaking to is named Jelle Maes.

Tell him that Pete recommended him.

Hope this helps,

Pikeypete

Servedome has been a great company for me. They're quick with replying to tickets, and have more than met my expectations in hardware satisfaction. I recommend at least giving them a try!

Does servedome provides fully managed service? DLow, how much do you pay for that i7 3.9 ghz?

Thanks for all the help so far guys! :)

@ rey2k5

They offer management solutions that dont cost much at all. I pay $94 for my qaud core i3 cpu @ 2.93 ghz, i pay $130 for my i7, id deff check em out. Their ds-4 plan is actuall a duel qaud core xeon

Can you give me the full spec of your i7 server? It seems to be much more powerful than mine and it costs really little, I will just paste your config and tell them about it if you don't mind? :)

Just sent an email to them.

Anymore suggestion guys? Or servedome is the overall best here? Looks like all the moderators and respected members are using them haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back