Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats exactly what I was going to say...mentioning the London Riots is ridiculous.

Bread - watch that stream, then feel free to comment. You are like all of mainstream America - you believe what they want you to believe. These people did nothing to deserve what happened to them and if you'd of watched the video the OP posted, you wouldn't make the comments you did.

I disagree...the police dont protect the govt...they protect each other. The brutality you just saw is the result of our government giving too much power to the police and taking too many of our rights away.

If they can body scan us at airports then we have no rights to even our own bodies. Why should the police respect us when the govt doesn't?

It's two totally different situations we shouldn't even be talking about the London riots, riots and peaceful protest are in the same league

So let's see, I comment on Mindy's statement about the government giving police too much power. OK, we can see that. Then all of a sudden you guys think that I'm comparing the incidents. I'm not. I'm simply giving an example of what would happen if the police in the USA didn't carry guns...Things like the London Riots would occur.

-Bread

Thats exactly what I was going to say...mentioning the London Riots is ridiculous.

Bread - watch that stream, then feel free to comment. You are like all of mainstream America - you believe what they want you to believe. These people did nothing to deserve what happened to them and if you'd of watched the video the OP posted, you wouldn't make the comments you did.

I watched the video and I have been watching the livestream. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE to say the sprayings, beatings etc weren't provoked. There is NO footage to say the ladies who got sprayed didn't let's say, hypothetically speaking, kicked the police officer in the balls. If that did HYPOTHETICALLY happened, then we didn't see it. And all we did see was the officer spraying the ladies.

There are two sides to every story, right now you're being fed the one side.

If you're trying to tell me to keep my mind open to change. Open your mind to the idea that there is media corruption as well as political corruption. And not everything told to you on the TV is real.

-Bread

Actually mentioning them makes sense, most of us forgot that just a year ago or so there ware riots in France, the same we saw recently in London.
This is the youth loosing faith in their future, seeing no way of improvement. Yes, rioting is not the way to go, and actually does more damage then good, but these kids ware fed up the way society treats them.

I actually wanted to post a very nice clip/song/rap by some french folks about the riots there, but I kinda lost it :'(

@Cura...I didn't see one interview during the London Riots where a young person knew why they were rioting. No one had a message - at least not after the initial period. Thats why its completely different. The London Riots were violent and required police action. The Wall Street riots are peaceful and the police dont belong any where near them. We don't live in a Police State where they get to just monitor whomever they want - there's no reason to suspect there will be violence so the use of barricades, riot gear and abuse tactics are unwarranted.

I know, preaching to the choir..lol :P

What you can do today:

Contact the NYPD – the protesters should be released.
Email Raymond W. Kelly, the Police Commissioner
Email: Mayor Michael Bloomberg

Last edited:
Mindy:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiw3wg1mgro[/ame]

Americans are actually over the stage of revolution, and are currently in a depressive state. Yes, rioting is not the way to go, but I'm trying to point out that those kids ware fed up with the system, and the way they reacted did more damage then good. But again take a look/listen at the video i posted above, It will clarify things for you ;)

I'm watching the video right now, and its really informative - and the statistics are quite depressing.

I can fully appreciate that those kids in London are frustrated and acted out - but my point wasn't about whether or not the rioters had justifiable behavior.

My point was that the 2 situations were different, in regards to the police action.

In London, the police presence was justified in that they reacted to violence, vandalism and theft. In NYC, they're responding to peaceful demonstrations in which no laws are being broken. They aren't comparable imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back