Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

How about making a mod like facebook notifications :-?
Its hard for me to keep up with the threads where I have posted and I am sure many people face the same problem.

17 comments
Good idea. Maybe we could have a "Who quoted me?" area - so for every person that quoted you, it'll show up there. It could be next to the shoutbox?

Yes, It's easy way to find if some one quoted you, notification in private message section.

64695ff091faa7d0e8b451ee145b6e31.jpg

user cp - edit options

Default Thread Subscription Mode When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread. Default Thread Subscription Mode:

^ Set this to instant email?

Yeah, it would, we could have it near the shoutbox or implement it within latest posts so members can switch from latest posts or quoted posts. I love this idea, hope the administration can implement it!

I never put my real email in forums and other sites, the email that i never check and i believe a lot of members are doing the same thing.

Unfortunately a decent notification system like Facebook, Google+ or to a lesser extent IPB where you have full control of your notifications isn't really practical on vBulletin. vBulletin 3 is an old script. It's not designed for instant messaging or notifications. Adding a decent notification system on top of vBulletin would kill a server for a site the size of WJ and I personally don't want a compromised system that I've no control over added. I've PM's, Friends and visitor messages disabled on WJ and still get too many notifications as I still get emails saying my inbox is full or notifications about friends even though they are disabled.

I like the idea but to do this properly we need to update to IPB 3.1 first like what was planned a few months back. That's unlike to happen any time soon so a decent notification system just isn't going to happen even though I would like to see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back