North Korea threatens to exercise right to stage preemptive nuclear attack vs. US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennouji

North Korea threatens to exercise right to stage preemptive nuclear attack vs. US

SEOUL- North Korea threatened on Thursday to exercise its right to stage preemptive nuclear attack against anyone who attacks as Pyongyang ratcheted up its rhetoric against "hostile" countries as the United Nations readied new sanctions against it.

"Since the United States is about to ignite a nuclear war, we will be exercising our right to preemptive nuclear attack against the headquarters of the aggressor in order to protect our supreme interest," the North's foreign ministry spokesman said in a statement carried by the official KCNA news agency.

The North has accused Washington of using military drills in South Korea as a a launchpad for a nuclear and conventional attack on it and has threatened to carry out more nuclear weapons tests in response to sanctions promoted by the U.S.

Pyongyang does not have the capacity to deliver a nuclear strike on the United States. - Reuters

Source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/298200/news/world/north-korea-threatens-to-exercise-right-to-stage-preemptive-nuclear-attack-vs-us

5 comments
I don't want to see the Far East being devastated by man-made poisons and those radioactive stuff threaten "our" nation as well as others around. Though I also see that if it turns out to be a war, countries around here are gonna be the first victims, while this may become a profitable opportunity for superpowers like USA. I'm not speaking against US, but I think additional unnecessary provocative actions will really give us people on the Far East a big scare.

I got the idea that the recent tech advancement of NK regarding ballistics is just something that the US had long ago so it's safe to think US should have the advantage and countermeasures for and Nuclear weapons. I also doubt that the US military prowess is just as strong as they currently show so that adds to the assurance of avoiding major damages on the Far East and Earth as whole.

But of course avoiding further conflict would be the best scenario. Just hearing the word "nuclear weapon" and "North Korea" gives us and other neighboring countries anxiety, and it could lead to more issues later like economic and security issues as well. The timing is also bad since in the past months there is a rising tension between China and others regarding territorial disputes.

check this out:

Code:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/a-photo-that-makes-north-korea-look-a-lot-less-scary/2013/03/25/808ec4be-958a-11e2-95ca-dd43e7ffee9c_blog.html

b9xFKF8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back