Nitroflare.com - Discussion Thread.

9,361 comments
@Jonnie why can't I buy extra BW with the money that I have in my nitroflare account?

You said you can't make too much money anymore because the banks take too high fees, but if I want to buy extra BW you send me to buy it with my credit card.

@Jonnie answer my question because until now you did not explain to well why are you doing these changes. I understand you don't make as much money as you were used too, but that just means you are a poor business person that works with a poor business plan.

Filed a complaint to Nitroflare support about the bandwidth reduction, asked to restore bandwidth, prolong subscription, or give a refund. Got a negative answer stating "NitroFlare holds the rights to make changes to our terms of service at any time." It means, as the could set a 0GB /day quota? Shoud I be glad? They even stated that "this is an unusual move but will have many benefits in the future", i wonder what benefits they refer to? I won't pay for them a cent more, that's for sure, that might be the benefit, not getting cheated again?

I ask again.
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Uploaders have their % of the sale of additional traffic?
[/FONT]
Do not ignore this question . Because if we do not make a profit from this, there is nothing else to do on Nitroflare!

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing through all of your complaints and
I clearly understand the reactions, with that in mind I would like
to share with you inside-information that most of you might not know.
In that past, rougly 6-8 years ago, everything was easy and convenient.
Server storage, payment gateways, etc'. Everything was cheap and customers
purchased relentlessly.

Unfortunately times have changed, and nowadays it is getting increasingly
difficult to hold our website online.
This whole mess started little more than 2 years back when Server-Storage
companies and banks have decided to blacklist Filesharing websites and
as you may know, big sites such as: Hotfile, Rapidshare, Megaupload began melting away
and others shut down completely.

We at NitroFlare do everything we can to persevere and survive these
rough circumstances: Collaborating with copyright holders and removing
infringing files on time, developing a special and advanced tool for them
wasn't easy but we have successfully managed to do so.

We currently employ a crew of over 30 employees that include: Programmers, Lawyers,
Support Representatives, Security Experts, Marketing and more. They go over the
files and all that is associated with security including Frauds and credit-card theft
and are dealing with these issues on a 24-hour basis.

The only banks that agreed to work with us are banks that demand high fees
which may lead to transactions having commision rates of 30-35%, depending
on what credit-card is used and the country of the user originates in.
In addition, we pay 70% of every purchase and rebill to affiliates and uploaders
(and another 10% to webmasters).
We own over 100 servers, each of them is sitting on a 10GBPS broadband,
could you just imagine the cost of all of this?

Most people today use torrents and as the popularity of it rises so does
the usage of file hosting sites diminishes, which makes all of us lose profit.
I am not going to discuess daily expenses we have to deal with but it is imperative
of me to mention a very important thing.

Every change or adjustment we do to our prices in our site, all of it, is means of survival.
To continue paying our affiliates and all the while keeping our customers happy. We do not wish
to become our competitors and turn our affiliates to victims.

I hope I have clearified our view well.
I thank you all for being part of this activity called NitroFlare,
thanks to you we are still standing proud and offering great service.

Jonnie.

This still doesn't explain why you feel the need to charge a fee for premium access on Bitcoin. Or are you saying that your bitcoin processor charges you 30% processing fees too?

And your calculations make no sense. Your bank charges you 30% of the transaction, for instance. So take this into consideration:
A client pays you $15.60 for a month's subscription. You're left with $10.92 after the bank's charge. You pay your affiliates 70% of the price displayed on the page (I'm assuming this is the case); so 70% of $12 is $8.40.

Of the $10.92 you're left with, you pay out $8.40 to an affiliate. On referred sales, you therefore make $2.52 for a month's purchase. Essentially, your affiliates result in you making a loss.

Obviously, this makes no business sense, so filehosts employ practices to subvert the system by shaving sales, statistics, faking chargebacks, et al. I'm not going to blame them for doing that, the entire system of paying uploaders 99% per sale (pun intended) is flawed.

And who gets punished for this inherently faulty business design? Yep, the customers. With time, you just keep tacking on more fees, taking away privileges, and in general inconveniencing your clients as a result of the actions of a select few. The uploaders, on the other hand, are unscathed.

There is literally no outcome of this decision that is 'good' in the long term. I cannot imagine any customer of yours emailing you after this change applauding you and saying 'thanks for reducing the b/w while still charging me obscene prices for premium membership'. You may not notice the fall out from this decision immediately, but I guarantee you the fact that this decision will cut into your long term revenue.

Torrents are risky as all hell, despite using VPNs. Torrents are still not popular enough to replace filehosts. The filehost industry has slowed down, but it has not been on a decline. If anything, it's relatively stable now more than ever. It's resilient. Forgive me for being apprehensive, but I don't believe most of what you wrote. It sounds far too much like regular corporate speak that representatives cook up after a decision that shafts their entire client base.

As I mentioned earlier, there's literally no explanation for tacking on fees on payment methods that dont charge you fees (Bitcoin, for example). If you're so dedicated to survival and care so much about your customers, how about you remove fees from that method for a start?

And if you really wanted to simply fight off leech services, there are FAR more effective methods than simply reducing bandwidth by half for everyone.

For all intents and purposes, this doesn't seem to be a decision motivated by the need to prevent leechers, but rather the need to force your users to pay more for the same level of service. I cannot imagine why, but if I had to fathom a guess, I would put my finger on the recent events that transpired at a blog/portal that heavily favors you and lost a lot of its traffic. Not surprised tbh.

In any event, you'll do what you want to do. This industry has seen its fair share of greedy hosts. They all eventually die and are replaced. The cycle continues, it's vicious. There's no shortage of filehosts in the industry, and uploaders/affiliates are not the world's most loyal bunch. Or smart, for that matter. They'll run over to the next host that promises them the same rates as you, and then the next, and the next. So on and so forth.

I wish you good luck in your endevaors and I hope that you realize that you took a step backwards, not forward.

Fair reaction

Hello everyone,

purchased relentlessly....

Jonnie, I understand all the troubles you experience, but it doesn't justify your current step. You shouldn't reflect the new rules on the existing users. Those who have already purchased the account should continue benefit from 50 GB per day because actually they paid for this traffic. I personally renewed my premium yesterday, purchased 50 GB per day for 120 days for $39. If I knew yesterday that it's only 25 GB, and I won't be able to get BR discs anymore in one download, I'd never purchased the premium and would switch to another sharing options and sites. It's simply dishonest what you did. If you really want to avoid the fate of similar hosts, such as RapidShare, I suggest you respect the agreement with your existing users and return the purchased bandwidth. Of course, when you proclaim your new rules and specify the premium account conditions, then it's acceptable but what you did to the existing users is cheating. In the meantine I suggest all those who dissatisfy with the current behaviour of NitroFlare - simply boycott it. Don't download anything. 2-3 months, as much time as necessary to bring the message to the admins that they are not alone in this world and they cannot practice this kind of dishonesty.

I feel you are cheating a YEAR of premium from me

I just bought an entire YEAR of premium about a month ago, what I paid for was a YEAR of 50GB/day

If you want to change your limits for new customers, you are in your right, BUT for existing customers you must keep what they already paid for.

I demand for you to keep my daily limit at the 50GB I paid for until my YEAR of premium ends, OR you give me back my money and remove my premium status

@Jonnie I don't understand why you are not answering any of my questions ( why can't I buy extra BW with money I have in my account ? )

You @Jonnie are here to help me with answers that's your job as a rep. I am a premium user so 0.0000001% of your salary comes from me too, I deserve at least a f-ing answer, why don't you just do your job and start answer my questions.

@Jonnie I don't understand why you are not answering any of my questions ( why can't I buy extra BW with money I have in my account ? )

You @Jonnie are here to help me with answers that's your job as a rep. I am a premium user so 0.0000001% of your salary comes from me too, I deserve at least a f-ing answer, why don't you just do your job and start answer my questions.

regarding your question: Simply because we haven't implemented it. We might do so in the future if there's enough demand.

and It is my job too ;)
Feel free to ask me

Hello everyone,

purchased relentlessly.

as you may know, big sites such as: Hotfile, Rapidshare, Megaupload began melting away

We currently employ a crew of over 30 employees that include: Programmers, Lawyers,
files and all that is associated with security including Frauds and credit-card theft

In addition, we pay 70% of every purchase and rebill to affiliates and uploaders

I am not going to discuess daily expenses we have to deal with but it is imperative

Every change or adjustment we do to our prices in our site, all of it, is means of survival.
To continue paying our affiliates and all the while keeping our customers happy. We do not wish

Jonnie.

This still doesn't explain why you feel the need to charge a fee for premium access on Bitcoin. Or are you saying that your bitcoin processor charges you 30% processing fees too?

And your calculations make no sense. Your bank charges you 30% of the transaction, for instance. So take this into consideration:
A client pays you $15.60 for a month's subscription. You're left with $10.92 after the bank's charge. You pay your affiliates 70% of the price displayed on the page (I'm assuming this is the case); so 70% of $12 is $8.40.

Of the $10.92 you're left with, you pay out $8.40 to an affiliate. On referred sales, you therefore make $2.52 for a month's purchase. Essentially, your affiliates result in you making a loss.

Obviously, this makes no business sense, so filehosts employ practices to subvert the system by shaving sales, statistics, faking chargebacks, et al. I'm not going to blame them for doing that, the entire system of paying uploaders 99% per sale (pun intended) is flawed.

And who gets punished for this inherently faulty business design? Yep, the customers. With time, you just keep tacking on more fees, taking away privileges, and in general inconveniencing your clients as a result of the actions of a select few. The uploaders, on the other hand, are unscathed.

There is literally no outcome of this decision that is 'good' in the long term. I cannot imagine any customer of yours emailing you after this change applauding you and saying 'thanks for reducing the b/w while still charging me obscene prices for premium membership'. You may not notice the fall out from this decision immediately, but I guarantee you the fact that this decision will cut into your long term revenue.

Torrents are risky as all hell, despite using VPNs. Torrents are still not popular enough to replace filehosts. The filehost industry has slowed down, but it has not been on a decline. If anything, it's relatively stable now more than ever. It's resilient. Forgive me for being apprehensive, but I don't believe most of what you wrote. It sounds far too much like regular corporate speak that representatives cook up after a decision that shafts their entire client base.

As I mentioned earlier, there's literally no explanation for tacking on fees on payment methods that dont charge you fees (Bitcoin, for example). If you're so dedicated to survival and care so much about your customers, how about you remove fees from that method for a start?

And if you really wanted to simply fight off leech services, there are FAR more effective methods than simply reducing bandwidth by half for everyone.

For all intents and purposes, this doesn't seem to be a decision motivated by the need to prevent leechers, but rather the need to force your users to pay more for the same level of service. I cannot imagine why, but if I had to fathom a guess, I would put my finger on the recent events that transpired at a blog/portal that heavily favors you and lost a lot of its traffic. Not surprised tbh.

In any event, you'll do what you want to do. This industry has seen its fair share of greedy hosts. They all eventually die and are replaced. The cycle continues, it's vicious. There's no shortage of filehosts in the industry, and uploaders/affiliates are not the world's most loyal bunch. Or smart, for that matter. They'll run over to the next host that promises them the same rates as you, and then the next, and the next. So on and so forth.

I wish you good luck in your endevaors and I hope that you realize that you took a step backwards, not forward.

first off,

let me thank you for taking the time and writing in detail a feedback for us.
I will discuss the bitcoin fees with johnny personally and perhaps cancel them if they aren't required.

Like johnny mentioned, not all day-to-day expenses we agreed to share with you.. the general point is that
owning a file host company is pricey... You have to pay for owning servers, employees, law expenses, etc'...
oh and don't forget! we need to be profitable to survive ;)
You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and possibly should examine an opportunity to apply for a job in this industry but I digress.

No one can see the future clearly and everyone makes mistakes from time to time... if this happens to be a bad decision that will
have a negative impact in the future we will adjust accordingly... we are dynamic, that's how all successful businesses survive, not only file hosts.
No one is getting "punished" here, your choice of words is very negative and carefully engineered to attack us.

I agree that this industry has seen some ugly events and greedy hosts, but we mustn't hold stereotypes.. remain open-minded
and be objective, see the whole perspective.

p.s: Could you please send me a link to this "blog/portal" thing you talked about?

Last edited:
Telsek,
Explain to me , do you pay % to uploaders for purchasing additional traffic by users?It's a simple question. Why no one wants to answer it ?

Right now uploaders earn revenue according to premium sales, not bandwidth sales.
I will address this with jonnie also. thanks!

Jonne, if you will keep doing that and make the daily bandwidth 25 GB , then make option to automatic move the unused bandwidth to the next day , i mean if i didn't use today any bandwidth so tomorrow will be 50 = 25 GB last day+ 25GB for today ..... because it's not a good idea to punish your affiliate like that ,,,

sorry for my english , regards

regarding your question: Simply because we haven't implemented it. We might do so in the future if there's enough demand.

and It is my job too ;)
Feel free to ask me

Hello everyone,

purchased relentlessly.

Jonnie.

first off,

let me thank you for taking the time and writing in detail a feedback for us.
I will discuss the bitcoin fees with johnny personally and perhaps cancel them if they aren't required.

Like johnny mentioned, not all day-to-day expenses we agreed to share with you.. the general point is that
owning a file host company is pricey... You have to pay for owning servers, employees, law expenses, etc'...
oh and don't forget! we need to be profitable to survive ;)
You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and possibly should examine an opportunity to apply for a job in this industry but I digress.

No one can see the future clearly and everyone makes mistakes from time to time... if this happens to be a bad decision that will
have a negative impact in the future we will adjust accordingly... we are dynamic, that's how all successful businesses survive, not only file hosts.
No one is getting "punished" here, your choice of words is very negative and carefully engineered to attack us.

I agree that this industry has seen some ugly events and greedy hosts, but we mustn't hold stereotypes.. remain open-minded
and be objective, see the whole perspective.

p.s: Could you please send me a link to this "blog/portal" thing you talked about?

I do not wish to be critical in my responses to the point that my words appear to be a personal attack at your service. That is not my intention, so if elements of my post appear to be worded as such, I apologize for past posts and in advance.

I am a premium subscriber with NF, as are others here. I am a lurker here, I don't post much, so if I'm posting now there's good reason it's because this change affects me as it does others. I don't mean to say you're punishing and you're the big bad evil here. But I will not shy away from stating that is how it does feel to me, as a premium subscriber.

Obviously, I'd like to continue with NF. But in today's day and age, 25GB/day is simply not enough. I would consider buying bandwidth, but most certainly not at the prices that stand currently. It does feel like Rapidshare all over again; they shot themselves in the foot making changes all over without actually thinking about said changes. No 2 changes they made ever appeared to be coherent; knee jerk reactions if you will.

I'd hate to see NF go down the Rapidshare path, but that's how it all started with them too.

Telsek,
Explain to me , do you pay % to uploaders for purchasing additional traffic by users?It's a simple question. Why no one wants to answer it ?

Right now uploaders earn revenue according to premium sales, not bandwidth sales.
I will address this with jonnie also. thanks!

It is very important , because it makes no sense to work on nitroflare without [FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]bandwidth sales.[/FONT] .

Telsek,
Yes , because you're trying to earn more on the hard work of webmasters/uploaders, not wanting to share earnings with us.
What is the point for us to help you to earn more money without benefit to us?

Back