new to SEO and super lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOST

ok i've been reading for almost 3 weeks now about backlink strategies and i get a lot of mixed information.
1. first of all i don't blog. im a plumber and just want to rank well locally.
2. Where the hell do i get backlinks? - tier one in the first place besides a bunch of crappy directories who most often then not dont ever even post all the info they ask for?
3. I have submitted my info to directories years ago and they're still active "dofollow", but when i check my backlinks on ahrefs for instance i see zero backlinks, wtf!!!

4 comments
Hmmm why don't u try to focus on fb traffic, see how fb ads are working, you can literally target your area, 'cuz there are too many "seo experts" out there that you don't know simply who to trust.

Backlinks are strong for SEO but hardly anywhere near as strong as they use to be. We launched our site last month and currently are on page 3 for the main key search term. One of our other sites "YetiShare" is rank one for most of the major search terms. The key to SEO in our experience is content. Backlinks do carry some weight but no way near as much as it use to due to abuse. I would recommend writing alot of content for your site then add alot of keywords in. Next I would say concentrate on social networking sites like facebook and twitter also as these can carry some weight with your search rankings.

There are alot of strategies and techniques that you can use, Most online tutorials will cover them all.

Hope this helps.

A good start would be to collect a list of all yours competitors that are ranking for the keywords that you want to rank for locally. Check their backlinks. If you see backlinks that are other than directories, see how you can get the same backlink.

If your competitors also don't have backlinks then you're in luck. You just have to be a bit more creative where to post your backlinks and you'll rank. I don't mind helping you. Hit me up if you're still LOST.

Backlinks are strong for SEO but hardly anywhere near as strong as they use to be. We launched our site last month and currently are on page 3 for the main key search term. One of our other sites "YetiShare" is rank one for most of the major search terms. The key to SEO in our experience is content. Backlinks do carry some weight but no way near as much as it use to due to abuse. I would recommend writing alot of content for your site then add alot of keywords in. Next I would say concentrate on social networking sites like facebook and twitter also as these can carry some weight with your search rankings.

There are alot of strategies and techniques that you can use, Most online tutorials will cover them all.

Hope this helps.

but everyone thats on the top of results has many backlinks

A good start would be to collect a list of all yours competitors that are ranking for the keywords that you want to rank for locally. Check their backlinks. If you see backlinks that are other than directories, see how you can get the same backlink.

If your competitors also don't have backlinks then you're in luck. You just have to be a bit more creative where to post your backlinks and you'll rank. I don't mind helping you. Hit me up if you're still LOST.

I have been checking their backlinks but it seems like most are paid for backlinks. A lot of these backlinks when i go to the website are a bunch of sites that the writing makes no sense - obviously its just a site for only backlinks

Hmmm why don't u try to focus on fb traffic, see how fb ads are working, you can literally target your area, 'cuz there are too many "seo experts" out there that you don't know simply who to trust.

I will coincidentally today someone mentioned the facebook ads to me. Do you know how they work because I dont use social media much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back