Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiTrac

Banned
Banned
Ok i have created a new skin that will make my forum popout much better to its origin.

I am trying really hard to make a unique forum (not just another warez site)
so i have setup a music only forum.

- Full album downloads catorized in several genres.
- Other music downloads such as applications, soundtracks, vinyls, livesets/DVD, music video's and so on.
- Direct downloads and folders.
- Plus the regular area's a forum should have.

I have also created a unique button system that will be given to each music genre that i have, the so called GoD button for members that are expers/lovers in a certain music style.
electronicgod.gif

rockgod.gif

classicalgod.gif

countrygod.gif

foreigngod.gif

hiphopgod.gif

instrumentalgod.gif

jazzgod.gif

popgod.gif

reggaegod.gif

globalgod.gif
Plus i have custom post icons in order to make it clear for members to view the fileserver before reading the thread itself. Also based on a simple concept.

rapidshare.gif

This is for rapidshare.com or rapidshare.de

megaupload.gif

This is for megaupload.com

other.gif

This is for any other filehosting websites.

upload.jpg

This is for uploads that contains the password of this website.

mirrors.jpg

This is for multiple downloads of different filehosts.
Since this is a warez / webmasters forum i would like a decent review of my forum.

The entire look of the forum is based on the view of a guest that wants to download some music albums and register to get full access.

I have created all GFX on the forum, am not satisfied by it since i am not good with photoshop, am currently looking for GFX-ers that are willing to help for money.

Enough sayd (trying to show the real content of the forum) and please review.

http://musicpirates.org

6 comments
Couldnt see any review of this site so thought of doing the opening myself :)

Well, the site is quite nice and neat, basically simple. But in my opinion, it would look good if there were more colors to the site. The banner is not that good, it could be changed for a better view. Some of your forums need descriptions as well.

I think you should include another forum for Metal with subforums for Death Metal, Black Metal, Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Thrash Metal etc. I do not think Rock and Metal fit in the same category.

I like the thing that you specified that on which file hosting site the content is uploaded to. Its quite easier for your users to do the navigation. But you should reconsider on uploading to more filehosting sites except for rapidshare. Rapidshare is kinda losing its juice.

That was my review.

Rating = 3/5 (Needs improvements)

Well, i pretty much agree with Cryme. Maybe making it more colorful would do the trick.

I think you should include another forum for Metal with subforums for Death Metal, Black Metal, Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Thrash Metal etc. I do not think Rock and Metal fit in the same category.

Heavy metal makes my nose bleed.

The banner is not that good, it could be changed for a better view.

I have created it myself, not an expert with GFX will have future plans with custom design.

This doens't work at all!

I have created the most knowable genres of music and it already is very hard to post it in each genre, the more subgenres i have the more confusing it will be, for example: a death metal band that makes rock and trash metal, where should this be posted :dull:[/quote]

I will consider all thoughts, graphics will be priority number 1!

Thats ok but you should seperate Metal from the Rock part though. A death metal band wouldnt actually make thrash or rock songs. (Thrash is quite similar to death though except for the growls) This is because they are a death metal band and if the do make it for a single song in one of their albums, the band's genre wouldnt change. See Wikipedia for genres. Each band has its own genre and own style of music. Thats your wish if you dont want to make the subforums but a different category is well deserved. That's because I struggle to find these type of sites nowadays. Most of it are like blogspots who are death metal fanatics.

Yeah like i sayd before, it is impossible to sub genre a full round music album.

Of each genre i have right now there can be made several sub genres, but if i make those sub genres there will be more sub sub genres.

I am thinking about the simplest form of music, the several basic music styles.
Wikipedia is my main source of these genres i have right now.

I fully understand what your saying, but each genre i have have certain very close sub genres, if i create metal, i only have 1 sub genre in rock, that would look odd.
So i have to make more, since there are plenty more, but than soon i will find myself in a huge forum with all kinds of sub genres of music and make the entire forum more complicated than it already is (in it's simplest form)

I am going to stick with the basic of basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back