Status
Not open for further replies.

tibbsy79

I just bought a new windows server from leaseweb the problem is its only showing one of the 4 500GB Hard drives it has, I have spoke to support at leaseweb and they weren't mush help they just said I need to add the drives myself, the trouble I don't know how.
I have also looked online but everything I try doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
12 comments
Open device manager, then disk management, there you can see 4 disk, if 4 disk not showing, at top left side there is a option to re-scan disk, do it and check again, if 4 disk still not found, then contact support if the server is really delivered with 4 disk or not.

Last edited:
It seems you have bought an unmanaged server so cant blame on hosting site. You have to mount hard drives on server, Also if you want to combine all 4 drives then look into LVM . If it all sounds complex you should hire a server admin to setup all.

Open device manager, then disk management, there you can see 4 disk, if 4 disk not showing, at top left side there is a option to re-scan disk, do it and check again, if 4 disk still not found, then contact support if the server is really delivered with 4 disk or not.
I have done that and only 2 disks show.

an OS Disk (C) that is 58GB in size and one 500GB Disk (D)

@mRAza
would you be able to set it up for me for a small fee?

Last edited:
Then server is with 2 disk only, you should contact support.

I have done that and only 2 disks show.

an OS Disk (C) that is 58GB in size and one 500GB Disk (D)

@mRAza
would you be able to set it up for me for a small fee?

everyone know if you purchase 4 disk server then its off-course should have 4 disk, but its not showing 4 disk even after you re-scan the disk, so either the server delivered with 2 disk or 2 disk is faulty which need replacement, ask them to check if server is delivered with 4 disk or not, also ask them to check if other 2 disks are faulty disk.

Then server is with 2 disk only, you should contact support.
I am in live chat now and they are saying I should have 4x500GB SATA2

This is getting really frustrating

everyone know if you purchase 4 disk server then its off-course should have 4 disk, but its not showing 4 disk even after you re-scan the disk, so either the server delivered with 2 disk or 2 disk is faulty which need replacement, ask them to check if server is delivered with 4 disk or not, also ask them to check if other 2 disks are faulty disk.
They said they are looking in to it, thanks for your help.

open control panel> System and Security> Administrative tools> Create and format hard disk partitions

All your drives will be There.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back