NeembuuUploader : FOSS to upload files to various webhosts like mediafire, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeembuuUpload

Hi,

Since past 1 month we have been getting a lot of requests to add support for filehosters
in our program NeembuuUploader.

NeembuuUploader is a java based free and open source software which allows user to upload
files to various filehosts like mediafire.

One of our users told me that the reason for increase in requests was because some
popular software turned out to be a phishing tool and he gave me a link to a wjunction thread on this topic.

When I came to wjunction and read what people discussed in that thread, I realized that
there were many people who got scammed.

Pardon me for my bluntness, but what I do not understand is,
why do people use such proprietary software, instead of using,
encouraging and contributing to free and open source software?
Probably because we didn't do much advertisement,
or maybe because we support less than 1/5th the
number of hosters other programs support.

Please help us in improving NeembuuUploader instead of getting scammed.
Suggestions, remarks, tips, criticism would be highly appreciated.

Below is a list of a some of the filehosts that we support :

Our website link is : Neembuu Uploader

Thanks for reading
Shashank Tulsyan
NeembuuUploader Project Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
359 comments
Dont use such softwares ( they steal your money , accounts ) see Zoom uploader .
They have encrypted databases and they can find your personal informations .

Dont use such softwares ( they steal your money , accounts ) see Zoom uploader .
They have encrypted databases and they can find your personal informations .

lol WUT?
this thing is open source , in opposite to zoom :-&
you can easyily look at the source :heiligenschein:

Last edited:
Best if you don't add more filehosts by default but release documentation on making plugins through which webmasters can add support for their website.

Adding plugins is not that difficult actually.
Till now no website has ever expressed their interest in making a plugin for their website.
We just received 1 request from one of the website to make a plugin for their website.
Webmasters never volunteer to do that work, they make us do the work for them :P

Here is a guide right from setting the development environment to creating a plugin :
SourceForge.net: Set up Development Environment - neembuuuploader

Just by reading this guide some of our teammates learned how to make plugins.
We didn't tutor anyone everyone learned everything by themselves.

Hope this helps.

@NeembuuUpload

i just tested your program and its very handy but :

- it still doesnt support many filehost like ultramegabit, keep2share , datafile, asfile, upstore .... .

- you should add function to limit upload speed , there is no function to limit upload speed , most users are using vps in order to upload file , they must limit upload speed to not saturating uplink, cause it might saturate server's uplink and vps provider might suspend users .

----------------------------

PS :
about Zoom Fileuploader as you said its true , he stealing filehost user/pass and logs all traffic on his site ... check out this link in pastbin .

Last edited:
Best if you don't add more filehosts by default but release documentation on making plugins through which webmasters can add support for their website.

Adding plugins is not that difficult actually.
Till now no website has ever expressed their interest in making a plugin for their website.
We just received 1 request from one of the website to make a plugin for their website.
Webmasters never volunteer to do that work, they make us do the work for them :P

Here is a guide right from setting the development environment to creating a plugin :
SourceForge.net: Set up Development Environment - neembuuuploader

Just by reading this guide some of our teammates learned how to make plugins.
We didn't tutor anyone everyone learned everything by themselves.

Hope this helps.
The fact that you use SVN instead of Git brought tears to my eyes.

Website won't express interest to you. They'll do it on their own.
Go, open-source!

Nobody cares about zoom.eu, people were ignorant enough to let another person, not even anyone from a hosting website, take control of their accounts. They got what was coming for them.

@NeembuuUpload

i just tested your program and its very handy but :

- it still doesnt support many filehost like ultramegabit, keep2share , datafile, asfile, upstore .... .

- you should add function to limit upload speed , there is no function to limit upload speed , most users are using vps in order to upload file , they must limit upload speed to not saturating uplink, cause it might saturate server's uplink and vps provider might suspend users .

----------------------------

PS :
about Zoom Fileuploader as you said its true , he stealing filehost user/pass and logs all traffic on his site ... check out this link in pastbin .

keep2share has been recently implemented. It should be available in the next release ( v2.9.2 )
For a list of other hosters that we are targeting, and list of hosters recently implemented
please refer to Neembuu Uploader / Tickets
I think discussing each and every feature in this thread would be irritating for others following this thread.
So you can also add tickets for hosters that you would like us to support, or just email it to us
using this form Contact Us - Neembuu Uploader

About limiting upload speed, I can do that.
It should not be a difficultly. I might give it a week or so for testing, but implementing it shouldn't take much time.
So would you like a
1) global upload speed limit
and/or
2) per file upload speed limit

Implementing both is not an issue. The issue is how it should appear in the UI. The UI part might take slightly longer to implement.

Now I am not aware of how exactly people use this software.
I wasn't aware that there is a big group of webmaster that run it on their VPS.
I wonder how do you guys queue links in general, cronjob/scripts or you use vncview
and manaully put some links into the queue?

most people use vps for upload file , just add new function to limit upload speed per file ,

for instance if user set max number of simultaneous upload to 4 and if max upload speed
per file
is set to 900 KB/s , then 4 x 900 = 3600 KB/s ...

Last edited:
I remember trying you out about 6 months ago and there were a lot of things which made me decide to not use you. It was long time ago and I don't really remember, but I've now re-run it again and will give you my opinion.

1. Obviously the major issue is very lackluster number of hosts (compared to zoom). Many popular hosts are not in there, such as megashares, ryushare, fileparadox, bitshare, freakshare. Some of the hosts have been around for many years and it's not supported. Takes too long time for new hosts to be added (if at all).

2. Only option for max global no. of simultaneous uploads. Some hosts will not allow too many simultaneous uploads at the same time. It's important to be able to specify max no. uploads specifically for each individual host.

3. The interface is not really as easy to use as zoom. It is very evident that the people who made neembuu aren't really uploaders. While zoom on the other hands seems to understand very well the needs of uploaders and provides more or less any options we all need.

4. When I drag the files I want to upload or when I select files, why don't you just add it to queue immediately?? Why do I have to click on the "Add to Queue" button??? This button is totally useless because obviously whatever files we have selected will need to go into the upload queue anyway....

5. No way to sort the files in upload queue according to file name, or host or size. This is very important because if we use mouse and drag and drop, files tends to be not added alphabetically.

can you add putlocker ..?
Thanks

EDIT ::
Putlocker is already there, great thanks

app is work like a charm, i am always share in putlocker, searched for app like this, because Putlockr Close FTP during Peak load (mostly down all time) this one removed that hassle

it's don't have speed bar..? showing current upload speed

====
Putlocker failed :(

ds3a.png

Last edited:
most people use vps for upload file , just add new function to limit upload speed per file ,

for instance if user set max number of simultaneous upload to 4 and if max upload speed
per file
is set to 900 KB/s , then 4 x 900 = 3600 KB/s ...

That can be done not a problem.

BTW What I meant by per file speed control was that each file can have different rates at which it uploads.
I suppose you guys don't require such fine control.

can you add putlocker ..?
Thanks

EDIT ::
Putlocker is already there, great thanks

app is work like a charm, i am always share in putlocker, searched for app like this, because Putlockr Close FTP during Peak load (mostly down all time) this one removed that hassle

it's don't have speed bar..? showing current upload speed

====
Putlocker failed :(

ds3a.png
We got that complain sometime back.
We checked the plugin and we were not able to reproduce the error.
Here are the discussion logs of this issue
Neembuu Uploader / Tickets / #166 [Putlocker] uploading failing with and without account

We will reopen the ticket and check this again.

I remember trying you out about 6 months ago and there were a lot of things which made me decide to not use you. It was long time ago and I don't really remember, but I've now re-run it again and will give you my opinion.

1. Obviously the major issue is very lackluster number of hosts (compared to zoom). Many popular hosts are not in there, such as megashares, ryushare, fileparadox, bitshare, freakshare. Some of the hosts have been around for many years and it's not supported. Takes too long time for new hosts to be added (if at all).

We work during our free time. Sometimes that free time is after a gab of 1year or more.
Because there are a few developers, the project keeps moving, although like a snail.
We could use some help in this.
Another problem is it is not like you can support a host and forget it.
You have to keep maintaining it, update the plugin as the website is updated.

We will be trying our best to add megashares, ryushare, fileparadox, bitshare & freakshare ASAP.

2. Only option for max global no. of simultaneous uploads. Some hosts will not allow too many simultaneous uploads at the same time. It's important to be able to specify max no. uploads specifically for each individual host.
Actually that logic is coded into the plugin. You cannot upload arbitrary number of files on a host.
However, we do not have an option for user to modify this manually.

3. The interface is not really as easy to use as zoom. It is very evident that the people who made neembuu aren't really uploaders. While zoom on the other hands seems to understand very well the needs of uploaders and provides more or less any options we all need.

Thanks for writing in so much detail.
Frankly it is like being pulled from all sides. It seems we are severely lacking by many ways.
Indeed we are not uploaders, atleast majority of us.
I used to upload way back in 2008, back then I made a mediafire uploader.
My online friends forked it into NeembuuUploader. Then I later joined in again.

4. When I drag the files I want to upload or when I select files, why don't you just add it to queue immediately?? Why do I have to click on the "Add to Queue" button??? This button is totally useless because obviously whatever files we have selected will need to go into the upload queue anyway....
The reason is that we give a chance to the user to change the destination.
I guess we will have to change all that and make it easier.

5. No way to sort the files in upload queue according to file name, or host or size. This is very important because if we use mouse and drag and drop, files tends to be not added alphabetically.
We will implement sorting. I guess we will have to redo the interface soon.

I understand that we are lacking majorly.
We could use some help.
Please let us know if you can volunteer or you think somebody in know is willing to.

Thanks

Last edited:
log
INFO: Queue Locked: true
Jan 18, 2014 11:17:49 PM java.util.logging.LogManager$RootLogger log
INFO: neembuuuploader.NUTableModelNew upload added
INFO: Queue Locked: false
INFO: Files added to queue
INFO: Stop Further: false
INFO: neembuuuploader.QueueManager: Starting next upload..
INFO: Start Queue Button clicked.
Jan 18, 2014 11:17:52 PM org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector tryExecute
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Jan 18, 2014 11:17:52 PM org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector tryExecute
INFO: Retrying request
Jan 18, 2014 11:17:55 PM java.util.logging.LogManager$RootLogger log
INFO: Exception: {0}
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at neembuuuploader.uploaders.common.StringUtils.stringStartingFromString(StringUtils.java:68)
at neembuuuploader.uploaders.common.StringUtils.stringBetweenTwoStrings(StringUtils.java:41)
at neembuuuploader.uploaders.common.StringUtils.stringBetweenTwoStrings(StringUtils.java:27)
at neembuuuploader.uploaders.PutLocker.apiUpload(PutLocker.java:89)
at neembuuuploader.uploaders.PutLocker.run(PutLocker.java:168)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Jan 18, 2014 11:17:55 PM java.util.logging.LogManager$RootLogger log
INFO: Sending statistics..

2ckn.png

@NeembuuUpload
so this can be fixed in your next update..?? you got the error details.?

It takes 2-3 days to make a plugin, and 1-2 days to test and be assured. (Each day the developer giving a few hours only).
But the problem is, when the developer will be free, you cannot say.
We have things we do to earn our living, and NembuuUploader is not one of those which earns us our bread and butter.

Technically, I don't see a reason why this plugin cannot be fixed by next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back