Status
Not open for further replies.

volgan

Name of your site - MotionLiterISP

Link to the forum? http://www.motionlite.net

Genre? Webhosting, computer service repaair, and graphics design

Forum Software? IPB 3.2.3

Position available? Technical Support(PC) Hosting support, Moderators,
Is it a paid position? (not at this moment) but in future once we get our office HQ setup we will start having paychecks but this start up business )

If Paid, How Much? (after we open an office up it be 7.45 per client you help for the tech support, and hosting support 7.00 per clients you answer tickets, and moderators 2.00 monthly)

Why are you requesting staff? Startup community business for a global wide arrange of support and services...

12 comments
Technical support (PC) -
--PC knowledge infrastructure
-PC teaks, tips and help
-Software/Hardware knowledge (such as processors, graphics cards, RAM, HDD etc..)

Hosting support -
--Able to answer tickets with honest knowledge of the server status, clients account, billing etc..
-Able to mange server support topics on forums, and get the clients fast and quick support.

All positions require high understanding of the English languages

i have worked on my clients bud ty for the advice but we need a ready built staffing force first to reliable handle the influx im gonna be handling this year as most peoples computers gonna go down and most people need fast quick reliable hosting so i think MotionLite can handle the pressure and the influx pretty good cause i have pretty good record of getting things done for a client within 1 to 2 days time :)

well you could bring clients that your on your own wishes too i just need somebody to handle support when im not on in my Timezone or other as family emergencys etc.. im usally on my forums as much from 3am - 3AM again xD

but you could bring your own clients

HQ is located in Mansfield, OH, USA

Volgan,

First and foremost I would like to wish you the best of luck in your business endeavor. Now for the school of hard knocks in the web hosting industry...

1) What type of web hosting are you offering? Is this shared, reseller, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated? Are you offering game servers or CDNs?

2) How do you plan to facilitate computer repairs? Is this local to Ohio only? What type of machines do you plan to service? What type of issues will you service?

3) You have not specified the knowledge your technical support staff needs to be seasoned in.. What type of control panel are you using? Cpanel, Helm, DirectAdmin, Plesk, OnApp, or some other obscure control panel? Are you running Apache or LiteSpeed? What type of mail server are you running? Do you plan to use a DNS cluster? Do your server(s) run Linux or Windows? If Linux are you running RedHat, CentOS, or CloudLinux? What flavor?

4) Do you have your own server that is leased or colocated? Are you running a reseller account or a VPS?

5) Your pay outs are unrealistic and have failure written all over them. To further on that, no legitimate prospect will take your company serious with staff names such as "FullMetalBabe"...

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0dbs2cj65

...Let alone a hosting company using forum software as the basis for their website. This alone has your venture doomed for failure unless you take dramatic measures to correct your design and language usage.

6) At $7.45 per client monthly you will need have some seriously jacked up service prices in order to pay everybody. This is an unrealistic business model. How do you propose to pay everyone? How will you deliver payment? Is your business registered with the federal government? Are your "employees" required to take out their own taxes? Are you having your "employees" work as 1099 contractors?

7) Why haven't you advertised at Web Hosting Talk which is the central hub for the web hosting industry? Do you know how to run a server or a business?

8) Do you have a business plan or are you winging it?

nForc3r made a very valid point that every legit businessman knows, work on your clients first then staff. More true words could not have been spoken. You must grow into your shoes instead of trying to wear the biggest shoe size possible. OK, so you get the biggest shoes size possible, now what? Where are the clients? Where is the business? Suddenly your grand enterprise is breaking apart at the seams. Then again the seams were never tightly knit to begin with. Things that last take time to build. Your current foundation is weak. You can tell me I am wrong, that is fine, but you will see yourself when this does not go anywhere.

My advice: Rethink your entire plan, make a realistic business model that is achievable. Start small, grow into your shoes. Be professional. What you have demonstrated here and on your site is unprofessional and reminiscent of a business that was spawned after watching a late night infomercial on how to start a web hosting company.

Tell us about web hosting? Tell us how DNS works? Tell us what makes you different from the other web hosts on the Internet. I have been in the industry for way too long and nothing agitates me more than yet another fly-by night company who knows nothing about the industry and further clogs the Internet with terrible hosting. This is why the industry is so oversaturated and why good paying customers have issues making educated decisions when choosing a web host. They can't differentiate who is legit and who is not.

//proxist

Volgan,

First and foremost I would like to wish you the best of luck in your business endeavor. Now for the school of hard knocks in the web hosting industry...

1) What type of web hosting are you offering? Is this shared, reseller, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated? Are you offering game servers or CDNs?

2) How do you plan to facilitate computer repairs? Is this local to Ohio only? What type of machines do you plan to service? What type of issues will you service?

3) You have not specified the knowledge your technical support staff needs to be seasoned in.. What type of control panel are you using? Cpanel, Helm, DirectAdmin, Plesk, OnApp, or some other obscure control panel? Are you running Apache or LiteSpeed? What type of mail server are you running? Do you plan to use a DNS cluster? Do your server(s) run Linux or Windows? If Linux are you running RedHat, CentOS, or CloudLinux? What flavor?

4) Do you have your own server that is leased or colocated? Are you running a reseller account or a VPS?

5) Your pay outs are unrealistic and have failure written all over them. To further on that, no legitimate prospect will take your company serious with staff names such as "FullMetalBabe"...

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0dbs2cj65

...Let alone a hosting company using forum software as the basis for their website. This alone has your venture doomed for failure unless you take dramatic measures to correct your design and language usage.

6) At $7.45 per client monthly you will need have some seriously jacked up service prices in order to pay everybody. This is an unrealistic business model. How do you propose to pay everyone? How will you deliver payment? Is your business registered with the federal government? Are your "employees" required to take out their own taxes? Are you having your "employees" work as 1099 contractors?

7) Why haven't you advertised at Web Hosting Talk which is the central hub for the web hosting industry? Do you know how to run a server or a business?

8) Do you have a business plan or are you winging it?

nForc3r made a very valid point that every legit businessman knows, work on your clients first then staff. More true words could not have been spoken. You must grow into your shoes instead of trying to wear the biggest shoe size possible. OK, so you get the biggest shoes size possible, now what? Where are the clients? Where is the business? Suddenly your grand enterprise is breaking apart at the seams. Then again the seams were never tightly knit to begin with. Things that last take time to build. Your current foundation is weak. You can tell me I am wrong, that is fine, but you will see yourself when this does not go anywhere.

My advice: Rethink your entire plan, make a realistic business model that is achievable. Start small, grow into your shoes. Be professional. What you have demonstrated here and on your site is unprofessional and reminiscent of a business that was spawned after watching a late night infomercial on how to start a web hosting company.

Tell us about web hosting? Tell us how DNS works? Tell us what makes you different from the other web hosts on the Internet. I have been in the industry for way too long and nothing agitates me more than yet another fly-by night company who knows nothing about the industry and further clogs the Internet with terrible hosting. This is why the industry is so oversaturated and why good paying customers have issues making educated decisions when choosing a web host. They can't differentiate who is legit and who is not.

//proxist

i thank you for your important question but to utterly call me out like that is not good im just trying to give people good service unlike no other but it the internet everyone has there memes and nicknames and dont call out my friend she well respected GFX around the internet as well Dark_Hunter...

Ohio locally but we take shipments from other states...
windows,Linux, & Mac OS i can fix
-Software based knowledge
--Hardware knowledge;
---Mobo, HDD, Ram, The wires for it all, powersupply etc..

20 slot Shared hosting at this time as we startup hosting/service business
-Cpanel & Licensed WHMCS

and everything else is really of my own choosing bud and please never try to dictate how i should run my own business as i been pleasing alot of customer so far and that's more important than your trivial opinion

and everyone whose apply for staff please register on the forums at motionlite.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back