Status
Not open for further replies.

tibbsy79

I just tries updating to Version 3.5 but the upload failed and now I cant access my site.
I deleted the maintenance file and now I am getting this error.....

Code:
[B]Fatal error[/B]:  Cannot redeclare win_is_writable() (previously  declared in  /home/u20file/public_html/gamesrls.com/wp-includes/functions.php:1433)  in [B]/home/u20file/public_html/gamesrls.com/wp-admin/includes/misc.php[/B] on line [B]554[/B]
Can someone please advise me on how to fix this error

10 comments
Did you make a backup before updating. That sort of thing should be common sense.

Are you sure that the upgrade process completed successfully?? Double check all the wordpress files, make sure that they are in fact the correct ones - and that there was no issue overwriting a previous version with the new version.

Try replacing the file with one from a new wordpress.
Save your file before.
That didn't work
Did you make a backup before updating. That sort of thing should be common sense.

Are you sure that the upgrade process completed successfully?? Double check all the wordpress files, make sure that they are in fact the correct ones - and that there was no issue overwriting a previous version with the new version.
your right I should of used my common sense but I didn't so now I am stuck with no back up.

If anyone can fix the problem for me I will pay them.

Try replacing all the Wordpress files with a previous version. ... 3.4 for instance.

If you want, you can give me FTP access and I will attempt to do it for you.
PM me if you want to chat over MSN Messenger (Windows Live Messenger).
FYI, I will not attempt ANYTHING over TeamViewer... I hate that program!!

And also, before giving me access to anything, I advise that you take a FULL BACKUP. This is for your security, I'm not saying that I will deliberately mess up your website, but you have a backup just incase 'something' goes wrong.

Last edited:
Try replacing your functions.php too (save your current one before).
Replace it with the one from 3.5
Still getting the error

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Try replacing all the Wordpress files with a previous version. ... 3.4 for instance.

If you want, you can give me FTP access and I will attempt to do it for you.
Sending you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back