Status
Not open for further replies.

bhanuprasad1981

hello WJ users Ia m having a hard time to OptimiZe one of my server, there are only 8 Sites on this server,

server specs :-
2* quad core 5520
12gb ram
1TB sata HDD
cpanel / whm
cloudlinux

the issue is mysql conenctions, if i give 200 connections per user his sites are going slow and start to give max connections error, if i give 500 sole account starts to use more than 50% cpu / 50 concurrent php process,from mysql sloq query logs i see new posts creation is creating issue , his site is vbulletin 3.8.6 , please suggest me what i can do,he is friend of mine so please dont say to kick him :)

if you need any more info of server my.cnf or other settings i am ready to give .

6 comments
have you optimized your MySQL ?

Has he tried disabling any plugins / scripts lately? (this could be the cause of the problem).

Has he tried optimizing / repairing his database?

yes mysql optimized , he has vbseo ,advanced stats and members visited today plugins, repairing / optimizing is not possible since his db is around 2+gb andhe gets nearly 8-10k traffic trying optimize just hangs in middle and post table crashes,

yes mysql optimized , he has vbseo ,advanced stats and members visited today plugins, repairing / optimizing is not possible since his db is around 2+gb andhe gets nearly 8-10k traffic trying optimize just hangs in middle and post table crashes,

how have you optimized it via ssh or phpmyadmin?
also I would suggest disabling the forum so you can optimize it (if for some reason it doesn't allow). -- if it hangs then either you are doing it wrong, or something is corrupt that needs time to fix. you shouldn't be having such problems.

also try disabling advanced stats and / or vbseo to see if it makes a difference. (both are resource intensive for "high traffic" sites).

my.cnf optimized using ssh following recommendations at cpanel forums, will try to optimize his database by closing his forum, i will ask him to disable advance stats, vbseo is hard to disable for him :)

Have you tried MySQLTuner? -- q=http://blog.mysqltuner.com
SSH Direct URL -> wget http://mysqltuner.pl. -> then run: perl mysqltuner.pl
Might want to also optimize apache / mod php

You could also install munin (its a server monitor that logs what happens to the server with graphs-- such as load average, network usage, mysql threads / queries, cpu average, etc etc) really useful tool to help you figure out what's going on and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back