Status
Not open for further replies.

Paz

Hi guys i have my site, and it have something like 5000 posts, and 1400 registered user, and in all time have from 50-100 online user.

but MySQL database, space is too much big, what i should do please help me i can pay even for that if it resolve the problem of size.

my actual database is 3.6 GB.

Is this normal space for those aspects of a word press site.

also i have a site that have no registered user, and he have 13 k posts and the MySQL database is something like 80 MB.

what's the problem.

and if i use cache plugin it will solve some high resource using of database or not.

Hope you guys help on this.

:sun:

13 comments
It may be a plugin look in phpmyadmin at the table sizes, check the table name of the biggest one & you will know what plugin is causing it.

bru this table

wp-postmeta

is fucking getting 3 GB of size

and wp-posts is about 30 mb that's huge please help me to solve the issue.

what metadata are and are they important

Try a database cleanup and re-check the size, you may have to wait 2-20 minutes for the queries to complete with a 3gb table (and may get a timeout), don't get impatient and re run the tools, its likely queries are still running in the background.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-cleanfix/

FEATURES
◾CleanFix Tools
◾Extends HTML Editor: fontname, size, color, extra tags
◾Remove Frontend admin bar
◾Database Tables optimization
◾Check/Remove for unused UserMeta
◾Check/Remove for Post Revision and Trash
◾Check/Remove Auto Draft Posts
◾Check/Remove Edit Post Lock
◾Check/Remove for unused Post Meta
◾Check/Remove for unused Tags
◾Check/Remove/Relink for Posts without Authors
◾Check/Remove/Relink for Pages without Authors
◾Check/Remove for Attachments without Post/Page
◾Check/Remove for unused Categories
◾Check/Remove for unlink Categories (terms)
◾Check/Remove for unlink Categories Taxonomy
◾Check/Remove for unapproved and Trash comments
◾Check/Remove for spam comments
◾Find & Replace on Posts Content
◾Find & Replace on Comments Content
◾WordPress MU compatibility
◾English, French, German, Turkish, Hungarian and Italian Localization

Run through all of the tools, Check/Remove for unused UserMeta should help a lot.

If it doesn't remove a much you will need to check any added/custom metadata un-used in posts & it can be removed with a small script.

Last edited:
bru i run the plugin and it delete nothing much my size still 3.2 Gb wow a lot more, i browse through it and i saw something like wpseo and better related

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Guys i can pay $$ if someone guru can clean this file of 3.2 Gb i have just 32 mb of post data i have 5 k posts, so why this file is too big, i can tell what a plugins i use.

so if anyone can help, coz this too big much size causing a lot troubles with my host.

yes i have this plugin installed but how i can clean it do i have to delete the plugin.

i really don't know what to do

Try and un-install the plugin it should clean up post metadata.

If it doesn't make sure you have a current SQL backup then Pm me your hosting details and I will remove the entries.

i have a backup already. i will delete the plugin and tell you back

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Gavo

i deleted it but nothing working.

can you pm me your skype.

It looks like un-installing will remove metadata

You are about to remove the following plugin:
•Better Related Content by Nicolas Kuttler (will also delete its data)

Like I said yesterday Pm me your hosting details and I will run a few scripts to clean up the entry's.

Or a screen of the rows in the table might do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back