Status
Not open for further replies.

tooshy

Banned
Banned
Hey guys.

I need help widening the main column of one of my websites (the one with the articles):
The site is onlineoptionstrading(dot)org

I've searched all over the style.css, but can't find the friggin' variable that changes it. I'm starting to think I need to change a combination of a few variables for this to work.

Anyone got any experience and willing to help a fella out? :-=

11 comments
Are you talking about this one?
M6TkCbG.png

Edit: increase the width of #page then increase the with of .narrowcolumn

Yep, that's the one. I want it slightly wider since it holds the bulk of the text. My articles just scroll down too long because it's too narrow. :/

Hmm... did that and now site's kinda messed up :/
Tried reverting back to normal and that's not helping. Strange.

Very strange.
None of my changes are being implemented on any of my browsers (Firefox, Chrom and Explorer), nor on my Galaxy browsers....
I've changed the #page width and the .narrowcolumn and it's as if I'm not doing anything.

I cleared my cache... but I guess that's irrelevant since I tried 3 different browsers and my mobile :/
If it was a matter of the site cache then you'd be seeing what I'm seeing I guess.
That said, how do I clear the site cache? AFAIK Wordpress doesn't have a caching feature and I don't have any caching plugins installed.

FWIW, does the site load up for you ok now after the changes?

HAH!
On it.

EDIT: Thanks buddy. Didn't think about Cloudflare. Purged the cache and now everything's working tip top :)

Changed Page to 95% and Narrow to calc (100% - 440px) cuz each sidebar is 220px.

Again RT, can't thank you enough :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back