Need simple image hosting script for personal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBlues

I need a simple hosting script for my photo gallery website.

If possible, login for upload main page. this main upload page is not site's homepage/index page.

Upload and get thumbnails codes. option for thumbnail size.

Thumbnails should open in new page for larger image, not to open direct image. will add banners (if there is already in script, good too)

If possible to add CSS style class in embed codes.

I checked github and found very light weight script. does not uses database but there is no login for main upload page, login is available for managing the uploaded files and thumbnail opens larger image as direct, not in new page. very straight forward.

I contacted the author, no reply, its been six days. :/ anyone can help ?

if anyone have simple script with my needs, please help, can pay if affordable. Not looking for Chevereto style features.

Also posted here > https://www.wjunction.com/threads/w...o-affiliate-programs-use.227464/#post-2286290

I am sorry for posting there too, that person seems to be looking for what I need.

Thank you very much.

Edited.

Last edited:
7 comments
I checked github and found very light weight script. does not uses database but there is no login for main upload page
You can always use htpasswd (Apache, NGINX) to ask for credentials in any script or file. Basic server stuff and works everywhere. You can configure it to ask for password on /index.php but not on /images/file.jpg

Check Awesome-Selfhosted for a complete list of scripts that you can use, try to get rid of the "no database" requirement, data stored in plain files is just a very bad idea and I don't understand why you want it so badly without DB.

You can always use htpasswd (Apache, NGINX) to ask for credentials in any script or file. Basic server stuff and works everywhere. You can configure it to ask for password on /index.php but not on /images/file.jpg

Check Awesome-Selfhosted for a complete list of scripts that you can use, try to get rid of the "no database" requirement, data stored in plain files is just a very bad idea and I don't understand why you want it so badly without DB.

I read database heavy usage in yetishare and xfilesharing support, its related forums and the one in github not using database thats why I mentioned "No database"

If there is simple script with database, okay with me and like to try and use it for my site.

If you or anyone has it or can create/custom build one, please let me know. will pay.

thank you.

It's either managing RAM usage by database & caching, or Disk I/O usage without database. Database was there for a purpose, because you can't just let the disk handle all the load, and it's almost always a better choice to use one when dealing with multiple organized entries, or expecting a good amount of queries of those entries.

I read database heavy usage in yetishare and xfilesharing support
That doesn't mean that getting away of DB you will get any better software. It tells you that the people behind that software did some functionality that stress the database, possibly unnecessary but I can't make a judgement without knowing all the details.
No DB means that a given software will store "the thing" in plain files, limiting what the software can do. Simple tasks like get a list of the latest 30 images means open the data file and parse it on the fly, no concurrency at all, etc. What about no data and simply put the files in a /images dir? Well, again.. To get these 30 images you need to traverse the directory and examine file by file based on file creation time.

When hosting images you need to manage your uploads, otherwise you won't be able to easily delete what you don't need or simply find something that you lost.

I created Chevereto and the first edition didn't use database at all (here). I had to add DB anyway (2011) because it was just silly to ask people to manage their images directly in the server.

I created Chevereto and the first edition didn't use database at all (here). I had to add DB anyway (2011) because it was just silly to ask people to manage their images directly in the server.

Are you the same Rodolfo in chevereto site ?!

I really like your script to buy it but only problem is thumbnail generation size. I did read your response when some users asked the same that its fixed size.

https://chevereto.com/community/threads/thumbs-resize.1819/
https://chevereto.com/community/threads/thumbnail-image-size.8922/
https://chevereto.com/community/threads/thumbnail-resize-to-aspect-ratio-of-full-sized-image.3833/
https://chevereto.com/community/threads/need-help-in-changing-thumbnail-size.7475/

For photo gallery, thumbnail have to look the same as original image (aspect ratio, not cut/fixed square in middle) because then only people will know what exactly they are going to see in larger image.

example..

WSDMLSs.png

ZRNDhqW.png

above example are thumbnails, not Medium size

please check any image/stock photo sites for thumbnail view.. example like in gettyimages

I did tried Medium size but its resizes only one (width or height) at a time. Its time consuming to change it in settings and have to sort portraits/vertical and landscape/horizontal images to do this.

I am not saying anything bad about fixed size, people love your script and using it but many using as whole script for image sharing service but not as get codes and publish in posts (on their blogs, forums)

hope I didn't complicate things here. hope you understand what I am trying to say and if you can fix this thumbnail issue or way to let us know how to.. will be really helpful and I will buy the script right away. :)

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back