Hiring Need php developer for simple script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisoj1

Hello,

This is what I would like..

A script which will list ALL files in a directory ABOVE the web directory. e.g. say the website is stored here /var/www/website but the files I want a list for are in /etc/file/needed/

Which is simple enough. But then I want to be able to DOWNLOAD the files in that directory when I click the link to it....

Also I want the links to the files to be full links to the location of the file so it can be downloaded via a download manager just by copy paste.

so it will be something like a table listing all files in that directory like this

www.website.com/the/file/needed/but/not/in/web/directory
www.website.com/the/file/needed/but/not/in/web/directory2
www.website.com/the/file/needed/but/not/in/web/directory3

Also I would like there to be another column next to the file saying its file size..

This shouldn't take an experience php coder very longer under an hour imo...offering $10-$20

7 comments
i can do it,but its necessary to have files in /etc/ folder?
as i know its a secure place and only files in home directory or html directory can be accessible by web.

It should be able to do it with ANY folder on my server. I don't want it in the web directory as the files cannot be moved there...I know it can be done as well.

not got you,you want to list all files from your server? not only 1 folder? also you cant download files from secure place of your server from web,you can only access files which are in public area.

cafa5ba52f.jpg

It is of 1 particular folder. I will set permissions so that the folder is accessible by apache so it shouldn't be an issue, it's just outside of the web root.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back