Status
Not open for further replies.

Sønic

Okay, so my host is HostBam, to be honest they are terrible and have even worse support (the guy is never on MSN). So one day these clowns really screwed up and ended up deleted my whole entire public_html directory. They say they were installed software on the servers and messed it all up. I've have a week of this foolishness and I'm fed up. The problem is the last back-up I took was from like 5 months ago. :( What should I do? I've made so drastic changes since 5 months to my site also.

Help ?

15 comments
Not much you can do - at least you have some of your site left to work on - not like me I lost the lot :( unless you or the server backed up then it's gone... valuable lesson back up regularly

Listen, every host takes backups , ask them for a backup for your site.
IF they use cpanel with backups then if they are a good host then they must have been taking backups . Talk with them

Okay, so my host is HostBam, to be honest they are terrible and have even worse support (the guy is never on MSN). So one day these clowns really screwed up and ended up deleted my whole entire public_html directory. They say they were installed software on the servers and messed it all up. I've have a week of this foolishness and I'm fed up. The problem is the last back-up I took was from like 5 months ago. :( What should I do? I've made so drastic changes since 5 months to my site also.

Help ?

every decent host do backups. Just ask them if they have a recent backup of your site. If not, my advice is get a new host now. I know its hard to start all again, but its your chance to make a new site changing all the things you eva wanted to change.<3

He just said his host is shit...if they deleted your public_html and didn't say we have a backup for you i doubt they have one...

Your best bet mate is get a new host and use the back up you have or start from fresh (which i doubt you wanna do)

Quite frankly if you knew your host was unreliable you should have taken backups daily. Start fresh mate, losing 5 months of data is terrible :(

5 months data loss ... sucks.
Either ask them for a backup (and hope they have one) or turn back the pendulum 5 months.

Happens. Realize the fact that you have to either:
- Backup regularly on a shit host
- Get a decent host that runs backups regularly

Good Luck :)

If they dont have a backup you are kindof screwed. That is why you should go with VPS cause you manage them and dont have to worry about other hosting companies. Many one man show companies screw up sooner or later. Sorry that happened to you.

If all they did was deleted your public_html directory, the database itself should still be there, use the file backup you have and get a database backup from them..

well the new site looks good and I'm really sorry for you that's a terrible thing to happen. At least now you'll make back-up's but it's an expensive mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back