Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude9119

My desktop configuration is this :
Core 2 quad processor
Dg41RQ board
4GB Ram
1Tb Hd

Hi Guys I recently bought a DG41RQ board for my pc and tried installing windows 7 ultimate, installation completes sucessfully but after the board bios loads the win 7 dosent boot up, so i tried installingt xp and it works fine. Can anyone tell me what this problem is and help me solve it.

20 comments
I removed my Hd and tried it in my friends sys which has the same mobo, it works fine there, so still no clues why it isnt working for me

@wtg tried google lol but found no ans

• Installed on your PC? - Failed.
  • Installed on Friends PC? - Success.
  • Took out your hard drive and placed on your friends system? - Success.

• Issue might be within your PC...
    • Check IDE/SATA Cables, try buying news ones...(Cheap)
    • New Motherboard? - Could be a bad motherboard, or you didn't do something right...Check Bios? Flash Bios...Needs to support Windows 7?
    • DVD Drive? - Make sure it's plugged in properly.
    • Burn a New DVD from a different computer.

Wrong cory,

• Installed on your PC? - Sucess
  • Installed on Friends PC? - Success.
  • Took out your hard drive and placed on your friends system? - Success
After the complete installation not working in my system, when i take out the Hd and listen carefully I DONT RE-INSTALL ON MY FRIEND'S PC. I just inserd it as master Hd and let it boot up, works fine there the 7 boots just fine and one more thing now i installed xp it boots up fine in my board

I dont know how to flash BIOS could you guide me through that

After Searching your board;

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19952&ProdId=3058&lang=eng

Download, File name: RQG4110H.86A.0017.EB.EXE (3rd one on the list)

Express BIOS Update [RQG4110H.86A.0017.EB.EXE] - Self-extracting Windows*-based update file includes Software License Agreement and the utility for updating the BIOS. It is designed to be used on Windows* systems. This method is the most commonly used.

Execute it and update your BIOS from Windows (Easiest to explain it)

Note: Careful when doing this, but should be fine. - I take no responsibility if something goes wrong, but again, I searched your board and selected 'Windows 7 x64' and that's the latest BIOS update and nothing should go wrong.

I know its stupid but are you sure the computer is booting on the right hard drive ? in case you have a partitioned hard drive

i use only one hard disk to check, i have 2 hd one is 1tb with win 7 installed and 2nd one is 250gb with xp installed. im booting only one hd at a time

Bases on your times;

Today, 06:52 PM
-Bios Update - Success

Today, 07:04 PM
Windows Install - Fail

Are you just adding your already installed operating system in and it's failing? You can't do that on newer hardware, usually...Load your drive that you're using for Windows 7 and 'Format' and Re-install completely.

Avg. Windows 7 install time is 20 Minutes or so, yours is 12 Minutes based on your posts; which could be enough time to switch hard drives.

No man i tried installing win 7 on the new mobo, setup completes and dosent work. This 7 is in 1TB Hd, im using same mobo in 250Gb Hd to use xp, just switched the Hd to 1TB after installing bios update and it didnt work. Do i have to re-install os after bios update ???

Fuck finally found out the problem, checked out in an intel site one post said to turn off core multiplexing in bios menu. I tried that and now windows 7 is working fine.

What i need to know now is will core multiplexing cause downgrade of my sys and is there any other way to fix it ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back