Need help setting up a web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

akashlite

Hi I need help setting up a web server and getting it online

I bought a domain name at crazy domains.in
Running xamp on my local server to host a wordpress blog
No idea on how to configure name servers and DNS services to make my website public on internet

can pay if someone is willing to help with the work.

10 comments
I will help

I will help you with you server

Hi I need help setting up a web server and getting it online

I bought a domain name at crazy domains.in
Running xamp on my local server to host a wordpress blog
No idea on how to configure name servers and DNS services to make my website public on internet

can pay if someone is willing to help with the work.

Have you go your website working? I will let you know that if you are trying to do this from home then you will have a problem with upload bandwidth. But to get it to work you would put your local computer in the DMZ zone in your router settings. Then you will need custom DNS settings like you can can find at DYN.com. You will have to have your DNS settings automatically update since you are on a dynamic ip address. If not anytime your outside ip changes you website will go down. This type of hosting is possible but ill advised for any practical use.

Have you go your website working? I will let you know that if you are trying to do this from home then you will have a problem with upload bandwidth. But to get it to work you would put your local computer in the DMZ zone in your router settings. Then you will need custom DNS settings like you can can find at DYN.com. You will have to have your DNS settings automatically update since you are on a dynamic ip address. If not anytime your outside ip changes you website will go down. This type of hosting is possible but ill advised for any practical use.

yap, so we must have a static ip from the provider if we want to make local server for public access

you can contact the ISP for ask the dynamic ip

Hi, feel free to contact me for server set up. Why dint you go for a managed server, it is best for long term as every aspect of server maintenance is taken care by server provider.

a quick way is to get your DNS hosted with the domain provider and have it update the A record to point to your local server IP. Otherwise, you can also sign up for the free DNS service with CloudFlare by adding your domain in but you would need to point your domain DNS Name server at your registrar to CloudFlare Name server. From there you can update the IP A record accordingly.

For setting up the LAMP, there's pretty much an extension of tutorials on the Net to go through for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back