Status
Not open for further replies.

Cometolearn

hi,

if i have primary and secondary nameserver
e.g ns1.domain.com
ns2.domain.com

i have to point domain to host ,

but when i look it my domain provider its say add or A ,NS ,AAA,MX ,CNAME ...

so which record i chosse to add both nameserver1 and namserver 2 mention above ?

any help is appreciated

Regards

11 comments
i am on name.com... in domain the NS pointing to ns1.name.com and ns2.name.com , they give us to add records to point our on host ..

You have to add your server ip to ns1.name.com and ns2.name.com.

If your host has seperate dns then ask their name servers and then update it to your dns name server.

You need to do this in 2 steps

Step 1 : install bind on your server

Step 2 : Register the subdomains you have used for your nameservers on name.com
and then change the nameservers of your domain to the subdomains like ns1 and ns2

in simple word i want to achieve this
"if I would like to do a Nameserver forwarding, Scenario Domain is pointed at ns1 & ns2. Without changing the Registrar record for the ns1 & ns2, is it possible to point the domain records to be forwarded to ns3&n4 from the ns1&ns2?"

what type of fuckedup answers are u all giving here
Its simple he got those two from his shared hosting .
So just goto name.com login and click on the domain whose nameservers u want to set
click on nameservers and just add the nameservers given by the shared host there SImple

If you are on shared hosting you only need to add these to the domain you will be using for website:
ns1.domain.com
ns2.domain.com

I don't know about your domain registrar but it should be simple and there will be no need to change anything else.

Wow, I'm really surprise at all the answer. The best option is if you're trying to keep the NS the same would to be setup an A record on your name.com panel an point it to your server IP address. However, you stated you're trying to forward NS3 & NS4 to NS1 & NS2 so far this isn't possible as far as I know of at this moment.

hi,
i have achieve this by A records , main domain point to ns1 ,ns2 , they will forward the A record to next name server ns3 , ns4. i have taken out the ip of ns3, ns4 to enter in A record. working fine for now :D

You are using name.com DNS and then pointing the domain to the webhost?

It looks like you should delete name.com's nameservers and then enter the ones provided by your webhost, then there is no need to enter other records at name.com they will be handled by your webhost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back