Status
Not open for further replies.

Depaq

So, I've switched to an SSD VPS a few weeks ago, and ever since I started on this VPS, I've been having issues with constant crashes in MySQL. At first, this happened maybe once a week - but now it is happening multiples times a day. Whatever is happening, MySQL just shuts off completely and gives the error Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2). Now, this is normally fixed by just turning MySQL back on. Sometimes, it crashes bad enough that I have to repair some tables before it will load the website again. I have Monit installed and monitoring the service, but sometimes that fails too because Monit itself keeps turning off and has to be restarted. Hell, even webmin is starting to do it. :cursing:

Anyway, I've already asked my host about it, but all I could get out of them is it is nothing on their end causing it. But I am on an unmanaged VPS...

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen?

8 comments
Maybe server logs will lead you to the reason, i think this might be related to the resources.
Are you using cPanel/WHM?

No, I only use webmin. Is there a specific server log you would want to see?

The VPS has 1GB RAM and 4 cores.

Last edited:
I hope this solve your problem.
If you still have same issue or noticed slowness in your server, i recommend to upgrade your VPS memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back