Status
Not open for further replies.

chems

hello WJ

i have vb 3.8.4

and i m facing lot of database error

1- my vbulletin database size quickly increasing (500mb a week)
2- a white page while submitting new thread

i tried fixing & optimizing tables changing style disabling addons nothing happen

if anyone can help reply here or just give a pm

:'(

17 comments
A white page while submitting new thread ? Did you try to replace files and also check with tools.php ? Also enable datastore cache.

dude, try pruning the log files in admin cp.

I saved like 100MB once i removed them and i do that regularly after checking them ofcourse.

^ Install Link bots (coded by Mr.Happy) that would reduce duplicate links & so the DB size wont increase rapidly as it is increasing right now

posts = space

vbulliten is also notoriously ineficient in its storage of posts. But anyway dont worry until your database is > than 30gb thats when you start really hitting issues.

The best way to reduce size is to reduce the number of posts, be that by pruning by date or removal by dead links.

Last edited:
Just to comment on what SplitIce said, when deleting threads I would recommend to do a physical delete rather than a soft delete that way the post/thread is totally removed from the database.

Doing this will also mean that you can create backups a lot faster too (y)

JGM.

With blank page in new thread you should go to vbseo general settings-character replacement-advanced settings-and set "Convert URLs to UTF8 Charset?" and "Enable UTF-8 support?" to No.
Maybe this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back