My site is hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 comments
Well,

First contact your webhost, Try to get them to look into server logs to know what caused the hack.
Then work on patching the exploit.

Roll back from your last backup, as if you use the current one there might be hidden backdoors.

Regards

You should delete all core files/folders and upload fresh ones and check and upload folders/files (eg. uploaded image folders), If your site has been exploited by someone the 1st thing he would do is upload a shell somewhere so he can access the site after the exploit has been patched (eg. you upgraded wordpress and plugins)

At least run a malware scanner, I just found this one (I haven't tested it)

https://wordpress.org/plugins/sucuri-scanner/

Last edited:
I check with this plugin and my site is clean.

All my plugins are gone... When i open the plugin's page i see this message:

The plugin wp-pagenavi/wp-pagenavi.php has been deactivated due to an error: The plugin does not have a valid header.

It's strange... also my other website have the same problem. I think i have virus or something.

Last edited:
It was happened to me before, my site have hacked 4 month ago. Fortunately i have backup all my site regularly. i ask my webhost provider to restart my account and upload again all my public_html.
Next time you should backup your site regularly and don't forget to use Wordpress Security Plugin for extra security for your wordpress site so it can make it harder for hacker to hack your site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back