My Preference For The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Star-G

The Next Generation of gaming seems to be right around the corner, and that means making a choice. Which system is the preferred one? Which system is most suited for gamers? Which system brings the most powerful and intuitive features? There are a lot of questions, and based on the news I have gathered until now, my choice is clear.

Next-XBOX-Not-Compatible-with-360-8-April-13.jpg

Just a few days ago, we’ve heard reports that the next xbox may be using an AMD based chipset. But that is not all. With that news also came the report that the next Xbox may not be backward compatible with the Xbox 360. This, just like the PS4, is a big downside and not good for my game collection. There is also the report of the next Xbox to require Kinect to function. Pair that with the always-online DRM reports for the next Xbox, and you can consider me fairly uninterested.
I have absolutely nothing against Microsoft, so don’t get me wrong. But if the reports are true, it seems like Microsoft is heading the wrong way in it’s gaming department. But enough about them. As uninterested I might be in Microsoft’s foray into the next gen, I’m all the more interested in Sony’s.

Sony-teases-The-Future-of-PlayStation.-PS4-Anyone-4-February-13.png

Let’s start from the very beginning here. Sony teased the ”Future of PlayStation” back in February. By then, every single one thought the very same thing: the PlayStation 4 was coming. And it was coming quickly. In the days following after Sony’s teaser, big speculation had started. While most people were sure this was for the PS4, some people, including me, also speculated it was an announcement for the Vita. While it was unlikely, the Vita did need to gain some momentum.
So lets fast forward to the announcement by Sony. I hope Microsoft has watched, cause they could have learned a thing or two. It was the perfect announcement with lots of great news and game play. Just about a month later, at PAX East, Sony announced more great features for the PS4. This included things like better remote play, recording the screen without extra hardware, a big hard drive for every console, a headset to improve the experience with every console and more. All these games make the PS4 look like a gamers paradise, at least it does for me.

PlayStation-4-To-Support-Vita-Remote-Play-Cloud-Based-Backward-Compatibility-20-February-13.jpg

While that’s a lot of news already for the PS4, that was most definitely not all. Sony itself also announced that rumors of the PS4 blocking used games were untrue, so retailers like GameStop are not out of business just yet. There is also the new DualShock 4 controller. While I have yet to get it in my hands, I have to say that it looks great. Last but not least, Playstation Plus and the Vita will both play a prominent role.
I think that rounds up just about everything. What do you think? Based on current reports, are you going for a PlayStation 4 or the next Xbox?​

For more news, reviews, trailers, editorials and anything gaming, visit GamingNextGen

Last edited by a moderator:
1 comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back